• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has Richard recently accelerated his post count ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is what really baffles me - I just don't see how you can seriously believe he's let it go. He has been prejudiced against me in a manner no-one else has pretty well from post #1. I'm not going to simply let him throw potshots at me continuously.

What a ridiculous comment, even for you.

You're the only one that's been doing that for months before I got bored of waiting the mods to actually do something about it. I only saw stuff when it was quoted and I still saw plenty. I don't put people on ignore just to keep going on about them anyway.

Now it's clear the mods are too soft to enforce their own rules on you the same way they've enforced them on other members I'm keeping you off ignore for the time being.

Now, haven't you got a World Cup forum to avoid?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What a ridiculous comment, even for you.

You're the only one that's been doing that for months before I got bored of waiting the mods to actually do something about it. I only saw stuff when it was quoted and I still saw plenty. I don't put people on ignore just to keep going on about them anyway.

Now it's clear the mods are too soft to enforce their own rules on you the same way they've enforced them on other members I'm keeping you off ignore for the time being.
You've been doing such a thing ever since your 2nd day on CW. There are countless hundreds of examples. Whether there were less of them recently is utterly irrelevant - just because you're fool enough to use that ignore-list doesn't mean anyone else has to. If I see a post of yours with something nonsensical in it - not exactly a rare occurrance - I'm going to respond to it. I'm also going to do occasional things like making snide comments about your propensity to not only use ignore-lists, but bang on relentlessly about doing so. If you were to create a file of negative comments from both sides, the number from your side directed at me would considerably outnumber those in the other direction.
Now, haven't you got a World Cup forum to avoid?
Nope.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
I personally think that Richard is great poster,he is honest with his opinion and he is passionate about cricket and CW, he has got superb knowledge about the game.

So we should rather appreciate Rich's dedication and passion for CW and the game of cricket, and even if that means that he is posting 100 posts a day then whats the big deal.

P.S: Rich also is a superb Staff member so nobody should criticise him for that too.

archie mac

International Coach
Just for the record I think Richard has been a great edition to the staff:)

edit: I also have no problem with SP, posts some quality stuff:happy:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Who is this Richard bloke you're talking about? Can't say I've noticed him on here.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, Rich is a good bloke. Mad, but good value. Just wish he'd develop a bit of persistance and actually standby a point and be willing to sustain a debate sometimes. :p

adharcric

International Coach
Top poster. Little too obsessed (even annoying, more so in the past) at times? Sure. Classy nevertheless.

You've been doing such a thing ever since your 2nd day on CW. There are countless hundreds of examples. Whether there were less of them recently is utterly irrelevant - just because you're fool enough to use that ignore-list doesn't mean anyone else has to. If I see a post of yours with something nonsensical in it - not exactly a rare occurrance - I'm going to respond to it. I'm also going to do occasional things like making snide comments about your propensity to not only use ignore-lists, but bang on relentlessly about doing so. If you were to create a file of negative comments from both sides, the number from your side directed at me would considerably outnumber those in the other direction.

Nope.
I don't think James would be happy with you saying that as it is something he strongly encourages. He is your Boss you know and knowing boss's sometimes that can get angry at people telling clients different things in such a public situation.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Justin just give up trying to be Mr. Rule Enforcer because quite frankly, everybody is sick of it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just get over it AD. Buy a dog or go get dance lessons or something.
Richard has always been a quality poster, and personally, in my time here at CW, I haven't seen discussions or debates in which he was involved get too much out of hand. I know he has had some duels with Marc and TEC but it never really got too personal, except sometimes with Marc.

And esp. since his latest return, he has seemed to be a lot more "cool" about stuff here than he was earlier and I think it is an excellent time to add him to the staff members. Just as long as he doesn't let his personal bias get into his articles (and that rule applies to all people writing about sports or anything, basically), I am sure he will do an excellent job. All the best, Richard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.