• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Custom user tags

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
I think this would be cool instead of saying"U19 Debutant" we could have our own tags.......eny chance of this happening:cool:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because it would be far too much of a hassle for James, I assume. Besides, a custom tag is something that has to be earnt as far as I'm concerned and it shouldn't be dished out to anybody that signs up for the forums.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, as Perm said - it's an incentive, and a good one IMO.

Although as I found recently, having "Cricket Web Staff Member" feels far better than a custom title. :):cool:

EDIT: and TBH, I'm less than sure about your sig. I'm no fan of Christianity, personally, but I can't see that that's appropriate.

EDIT2: I sound like Rodgie there... :wallbash:

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Because it would be far too much of a hassle for James, I assume. Besides, a custom tag is something that has to be earnt as far as I'm concerned and it shouldn't be dished out to anybody that signs up for the forums.
It wouldn't be a hassle at all, actually - you can set the option for users to do it in their User CPs...

Anyway, not really a fan of custom tags ITBT - and I'm not even a fan of the tags we have. It should just be blank IMO, excepting of course special tags like Owner, Content Updater, Staff Member, Banned etc...

Perm

While it's not a bad idea in theory, I doubt it would be that easy to change it with vBulletin, othewise it would probably be an option. Not completely sure about that though.

Perm

It wouldn't be a hassle at all, actually - you can set the option for users to do it in their User CPs...

Anyway, not really a fan of custom tags ITBT - and I'm not even a fan of the tags we have. It should just be blank IMO, excepting of course special tags like Owner, Content Updater, Staff Member, Banned etc...
Ah okay, I wasn't sure, not having much experience with forum moderation or things like that. I agree with you regarding the tags, it is a little bit of useless text I feel, although I'm sure others will disagree.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Yeah, as Perm said - it's an incentive, and a good one IMO.

Although as I found recently, having "Cricket Web Staff Member" feels far better than a custom title. :):cool:

EDIT: and TBH, I'm less than sure about your sig. I'm no fan of Christianity, personally, but I can't see that that's appropriate.

EDIT2: I sound like Rodgie there... :wallbash:
well its not really offensive and im nt trying to tell people wat to belive,it just my opinion............but ur a staff member and if i have to change it..................

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
well its not really offensive and im nt trying to tell people wat to belive,it just my opinion............but ur a staff member and if i have to change it..................
Staff members are not moderators. You don't have to change it unless James or one of the mods tell you to - and FTR you shouldn't have to IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, certainly, not my place to give orders - but I don't think it's wise to have that displayed myself. If I were James I'd not want to see that on the forums.

James

Cricket Web Owner
There is an option in vbulletin that allows you to enable custom user titles, but as Perm said, it would require more moderation time due to the possibility of people abusing it. That's more or less while it isn't enabled.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, exactly - think how much time it'd take to go around removing the "****ing **** ****" from every title when some clever, er, Scallywag decided to have a bit of fun... 8-)

Perm

Well obviously cric_manic is quite fond of his signature and would be displeased if asked to remove it. Seeing as how you are in favour of removing it, if you were James, then he is glad that you aren't James.