• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Staff profiles?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thought this'd be better here than in the Staff Forum, 'cos we could canvass opinion of non-Staff too...

IMO the CricInfo Who's Who page is a good idea, and since reading the CricketWeb Site Information page a few weeks ago (and even more so since being added to it myself) it occurred to me - wouldn't something similar for CW be great?

Obviously everyone could choose whether they were in or out, it wouldn't be a compulsory thing - perhaps a separate "Who's Who" page with autoscrolled-links (like this) from the Site Info page for those who were profiled on said Who's Who, or something similar - ie, those who had no profile would have their name in text, those who had one would have it as a hyperlink.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Sounds like a good idea actually. Also on the page listing all the staff on Cweb, it would be good if there was the usernames in brackets next to it, because sometimes newer members like myself haven't really got to know what people's real names are.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sounds like a good idea actually. Also on the page listing all the staff on Cweb, it would be good if there was the usernames in brackets next to it, because sometimes newer members like myself haven't really got to know what people's real names are.
Neil Pickup (Neil Pickup)...?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I missed out on the Staff Members page, with all the Staff's names.

And no Neil, your not the only member of CWeb.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting that you didn't come up with this idea before you were a Staff Member, Richard. Sounds a bit egotistical, tbh.

As for the idea of having forum names next to people's emails - not very professional.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
That's a wonderful idea. Hopefully we can put something up like that. Afterall CW>>>>>>> Cricinfo.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting that you didn't come up with this idea before you were a Staff Member, Richard. Sounds a bit egotistical, tbh.
I only read the page for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I can understand how it can come-off like that, but I promise you (and I hope we're now on good enough terms for you to accept my word) that it's nothing to do with it at all.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't recommend that, tbh. Not a good place for words. Penguins, yes - words, no.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Try the house next door, then, TBH.

Or are there too many polarised bears there?

(****, I know)

As for the idea of having forum names next to people's emails - not very professional.
Totally agree you would have never given it a thought before that now it's like it must be up there as im there kind of attitude.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Do you get payed for being a mod? It's always intrested me because it says staff.
Yes they reportedly are on pay packets of $50,000 Australian for just browsing the forums.
*sigh*
No, cover drive man, moderators nor staff members get any sort of payment, they are volunteer positions.

Although, would/have any staff members, or former staff members, mention writing for CricketWeb on their CV?

PY

International Coach
I wish I did get paid, I'm skint as an Irishman after St Patrick's Day.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And I finally find-out what EoFF stands for...

Seriously, mind, I was thinking of profiles being self-written and vetted - and genuine, rather than the not-remotely-serious stuff on there.