• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard's Signature

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've noticed Richard has a photograph tribute to Bob Woolmer in his sig. How can this be done, I'd like to put a similar tribute in my signature for a short while?

pasag

RTDAS
"Upload Signature Picture
You may upload a new custom image using the controls below." in the sig options area.

Not sure if that works though, I think there is a code or something you can use, if not.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Allow Code [B]No[/B]
Can Upload Images for Signature [B]No[/B]
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature [B]No[/B]

Not sure how he did it, would like to know

pasag

RTDAS
Allow Code [B]No[/B]
Can Upload Images for Signature [B]No[/B]
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature [B]No[/B]

Not sure how he did it, would like to know[/QUOTE]
I have:
Allow [IMG] Code [b]No[/b]
Can Upload Images for Signature [b]Yes[/b]
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature [b]Yes[/b]

So it must be a staff member thing.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I would love it if this was allowed for all members. I would want to have a pic in my sig from time to time (a Woomer pic right now for ex.), and therefore not have to change my avatar.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was surprised to see images had been enabled - "is this temporary with Bob Woolmer in mind"? was the first question that came to my mind, TBH. Then I read Zeg's comment in this thread - would make sense, as that's the biggest change to me since I last edited my sig.

Took a little while to work-out how to use it, mind, and if I hadn't been able to do it I'd have changed my avatar to a similar pic.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm a big fan of pics in sigs.. Remember when Cloete used to design those banners for us? Awesome, as long as their is a reasonable size restriction..

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
No way - keep pics out of sigs. I've visited heaps of forums on the internet over the years and all it does is result in pages full of massive and pointless images, wasted bandwidth, and wasted time trying to find the actual posted content. There are sigs in these forums that are annoying enough with just text.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
No way - keep pics out of sigs. I've visited heaps of forums on the internet over the years and all it does is result in pages full of massive and pointless images, wasted bandwidth, and wasted time trying to find the actual posted content. There are sigs in these forums that are annoying enough with just text.
Most respectable forums have limits on sig sizes. Ours (PC) is 300X100/60kb. Don't think that's anymore annoying than what CW has now.

cover drive man

International Captain
I don't think there's much need for pics in sigs. I can get what rich has done but appart from that it wouldn't look very good.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm with 16 tins of Spam on this one.
Yeah, ditto. Really get on my breasts. One thing that always set CW apart from other inferior forums was the picture-free sigs.

Kudos to any staffer who hasn't succumb to this baffling & disturbing trend. :thumbsup: