• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Polls

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Is there any way that you can vote in a poll, and it returns you to the page you were previously viewing, rather than going back to the first page. Minor issue I know, but sometimes I like to read opinions in the thread and the extra information about the issue at hand before voting, and then it goes back to the start. Just a little frustrating (yes, I am fussy).

pasag

RTDAS
Continuing the fussiness theme on polls, is there a way to make the default option for polls set to public and if people choose they can make it private?

Loony BoB

International Captain
I believe it is possible to do the latter, not sure on the former. Nor am I sure on exactly how you'd do the latter, but I've seen something similar done at EoFF... will get back on it.

EDIT: James, the bit to do with auto-public polls can be done by going into the template pm_newpm and searching for "make_votes_public". Then change this line of code...
Code:
				<div><label for="cb_public"><input type="checkbox" name="public" value="1" id="cb_public" tabindex="1" $checked[public] />$vbphrase[make_votes_public]</label></div>
to...
Code:
				<div><label for="cb_public"><input type="checkbox" name="public" value="1" id="cb_public" tabindex="1" checked />$vbphrase[make_votes_public]</label></div>
Basically you just change $checked[public] to checked. Tested it at EoFF and works fine.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The results are certainly public opinion. In certain cases it's necessary to vote without revealing your result.