• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne/BingLeeElectric etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Everyone's far from perfect. There's a reason SW\BLE's been banned (and banned repeatedly). He seems to care about little other than championing Afridi and throwing crap at English players. That's far more than an "eccentricity". I probably post about a wider subject range than most on this place, not just 2 subjects. I can't believe you could even remotely consider comparing the two of us.
Haha yeah, was just a joke as Prince said.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously Richard, why do you care so much?
Precisely, who gives a toss?

Shane Warne's anti-English jive is really no worse than Richard's usual ridiculous rhetoric, they are both equally annoying but at the same time they give the forum some life and the forum would be a worse place if Richard became ‘conventional’ in thought. He is away with the fairies most of the time but occasionally he speaks sense and makes some ‘fascinating’ observation regarding the game. Shane Warne and his various incarnations does not but you kinda get the impression that he actually watches cricket and if given the chance his trolling could be ‘reigned in‘. For there is quite a few now established members who were nothing more than glorified trolls when they first appeared.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne's anti-English jive is really no worse than Richard's usual ridiculous rhetoric, they are both equally annoying but at the same time they give the forum some life and the forum would be a worse place if Richard became ‘conventional’ in thought. He is away with the fairies most of the time but occasionally he speaks sense and makes some ‘fascinating’ observation regarding the game. Shane Warne and his various incarnations does not but you kinda get the impression that he actually watches cricket and if given the chance his trolling could be ‘reigned in‘. For there is quite a few now established members who were nothing more than glorified trolls when they first appeared.
WTF?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Precisely, who gives a toss?

Would rather read BLE/Warne's posts that some from members who have thousands of posts really, although he is trolling a bit I don't think it is any worse than the anti Tendulkar sentiments from one poster in particular, who has to his credit cut down in recent times. Although he is very anti English you could say the same about Fiery for example being anti Australian (no offence mate), I personally don't have a problem with BLE's negative attitude towards English players, when he starts personally abusing them, or other members then it's gone too far.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Better

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I agree to an extent with TT Boy's sentiments, however the fact is that the same guy would have had 2000 posts worth with which to "reign in his trolling", and if having one of his accounts banned isn't incentive and direction enough to do so, then what else is?

He's made no efforts (AFAIK) to communicate to James about his bannings, and appeal to come back - he's just taken re-registering into his own hands and being a pest again.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree to an extent with TT Boy's sentiments, however the fact is that the same guy would have had 2000 posts worth with which to "reign in his trolling", and if having one of his accounts banned isn't incentive and direction enough to do so, then what else is?

He's made no efforts (AFAIK) to communicate to James about his bannings, and appeal to come back - he's just taken re-registering into his own hands and being a pest again.
Agreed with that last part, I didn't, and still don't mind his posting but the fact he continually comes back without apologising/contacting James is a cause for concern. Understandable why he keeps getting banned, less understandable is the lack of tolerance for what he actually puts in his posts.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Of late, the bannings have been purely, I presume, for the reason that once you're banned you're banned unless you apologise. Whether that be with a new account a la Cass or a reopening a la FRAZ.

I don't see that anyone deserves to be given a 15th chance (or whatever it is) when they're just, as Jack says, being a nuscience by repeatedly creating new accounts to try and get around being banned.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not really, I'm amazed and disappointed that you could think I'm "away with the fairies" and "ridiculous" for all but a tiny amount of the time. I question, TBH, how many of my posts you actually read.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Although he is very anti English you could say the same about Fiery for example being anti Australian (no offence mate)
I don't agree, TBH. Fiery generally makes constructive points and posts on a wide range of material, mostly relating to supporting Kiwis. SW\BLE only ever seems to take pleasure from 2 things - putting down English players and championing Afridi. I realise there will almost certainly be occasions when he's done other things, but those are clearly the main reasons he tries to get on the forums. And it gets utterly tiresome, and annoys virtually all English posters, plus those from other places who're trying to discuss the subject matter at hand.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't agree, TBH. Fiery generally makes constructive points and posts on a wide range of material, mostly relating to supporting Kiwis. SW\BLE only ever seems to take pleasure from 2 things - putting down English players and championing Afridi. I realise there will almost certainly be occasions when he's done other things, but those are clearly the main reasons he tries to get on the forums. And it gets utterly tiresome, and annoys virtually all English posters, plus those from other places who're trying to discuss the subject matter at hand.
Yeah, all Aussies were fed-up with BLE as well during the Ashes, not just us lot

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why was FRAZ banned ?
FRAZ was warned on numerous occasions but persistented with constant trouble making, flaming, racist comments, and continued abuse of the report post feature. He was given plenty of opportunities to improve his behaviour on the forum but chose to ignore the warnings given to him.

The decision to ban FRAZ was not made lightly and was discussed in length by the moderation team. In the end they decided it was in the best interests of Cricket Web and the forum community to ban him.

This was a long, LOOOOOONG time ago. He was banned in October 2004, and returned in July 2006 after he visited the place and sent an email asking for a 2nd chance. It seems since then there's been no more trouble, and I for one absolutely love him and feel the forums would be massively lesser without him.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
FRAZ was warned on numerous occasions but persistented with constant trouble making, flaming, racist comments, and continued abuse of the report post feature. He was given plenty of opportunities to improve his behaviour on the forum but chose to ignore the warnings given to him.

The decision to ban FRAZ was not made lightly and was discussed in length by the moderation team. In the end they decided it was in the best interests of Cricket Web and the forum community to ban him.

This was a long, LOOOOOONG time ago. He was banned in October 2004, and returned in July 2006. It seems since then there's been no more trouble, and I for one absolutely love him and feel the forums would be massively lesser without him.
Haha how the hell do you know all that stuff? I don't even know it and I'm on the mod team. :huh:

Agreed about the last sentence though, he's come up with some crackers in the past few weeks.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

This was a long, LOOOOOONG time ago. He was banned in October 2004, and returned in July 2006. It seems since then there's been no more trouble, and I for one absolutely love him and feel the forums would be massively lesser without him.
Concur!

When you're banned, can you still view the forum?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So you have to logout?

You must have been itching to respond to stuff when you were banned then... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.