• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updates silvousplait

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hi, some of you may possibly remember me.

I'm thinking of making my 6th comeback (cue groaning majority) and just reading a few random posts things seem to have got A LOT stricter in my time away with regards what cannot be done.

Would like to get some sorta clarification as I DO NOT want a repeat of this or ANYTHING, for that matter, similar to 't.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, oh dear.

I'd give this a read, although things have calmed down heaps since then and everything is back to normal, sort of.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, oh dear.

I'd give this a read, although things have calmed down heaps since then and everything is back to normal, sort of.
Uhh... too tired to read that lot tonight, will give it a glance-over tomorrow. :sleep:

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Welcome back Richard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :holiday: :Jumpy: :punk: :toot:
Why, thank you. :)

'T'has been a long time. Though I notice you've made no effort to contact me on MSN when I make my monthly login! Not like the old days any more. :(

Man, I do love :Jumpy: that one!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I always think you're too busy if you're not on cw.
Nah, not remarkably so.

Just found-out an old mate of mine died a few days ago, though (aged 20), so, well, sort of inspired me to rekindle old ties before it's too late.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh - and one more thing - I hear several references to "long-term members who've been banned".

Would it be off-limits for me to ask who these might be?

I'll be honest - I'm astounded old-you-know-who with his "Motson" genius can have escaped if such a thing has happened.

Oh, and on that subject - am I allowed to call him EXD any more, or is that too much of a personal insult (which was, by the way, the whole idea of my devising that name, same way as his "Motson" nonsense was ITFP)?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Getting a serious case of Deja-vu or maybe ive dreamed about this thread. hmmm
What, you've dreamed about me coming back?

You're in a small club there I'd be prepared to bet!!!!

Oh, hang-on... me coming back... where have we seen this before...?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Benchmark00
Right, so benchmark00 got banned... am I allowed to ask what for?

And what about the others who got 7-dayers (like I did when I carelessly accused Matt\Barney of racism)...
The singer from Iron & Wine got drawn and shoved on an album cover. His beard > Monty's tbh.
Oh, right.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Right, so benchmark00 got banned... am I allowed to ask what for?

And what about the others who got 7-dayers (like I did when I carelessly accused Matt\Barney of racism)...

Oh, right.
He got 7 for moaning about the lameness of the 7 dayers that were given out and then got banned for posting a thread where he told everyone what he honestly thought of them.

The 7 dayers were mostly because of the crack down on every swear word that was mentioned. Chaulk, Borcich, Blackman and a couple of others were the 7dayed.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Things are pretty much back to normal now, so there's not too much to worry about. As mentioned, there was a crackdown on all sorts of things for a few weeks after some new mods were hired, but it relaxed a bit in the end.