• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Being Redirected from Site

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Often I'll just be scanning through CW, and suddenly I'll get redirected to a "security update" website which tells me that I've got all these viruses and stuff on my computer. It actually looks pretty professional and stuff, and I thought it must've been my own computer virus thing picking something up, but then realized it wasn't.

And then it happened again today at work, so now it's happened on two different computers. Has anyone else had this happen?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't say I've been having this problem and I've been on and off CW most of the day.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, I've been on most of the day too. It happened once this morning, a couple of times yesterday, and then to me again just before.

Perm

Not sure what the problem would be there. Could be a moderator thing for oppresing us poor normal members?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Happened to me last night. I checked my virus scanner was completely up-to-date and was in fact running, and did a complete scan that found nothing. A hack-job on the site?

Scaly piscine

Yea I got the same, I had a few windows open so didn't know which one it was from.

It was an amaena popup window which came up (search for it, plenty of stuff on it), my computer was clean tho fortunately.

Mister Wright

I haven't had that happen to me, but sometimes I'll be in the middle of writing a post (usually a long one) and then the forum will simply reresh back to the page. It's weird and really annoying.

PY

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
I haven't had that happen to me, but sometimes I'll be in the middle of writing a post (usually a long one) and then the forum will simply reresh back to the page. It's weird and really annoying.
It's a sign Kyle. :p

PY

International Coach
No problems for me but I have 'Adblock' installed on Firefox and notifications switched off. Sounds very bizarre.