• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Server Move - Saturday 11th November 2006: 9am Australia Time

PY

International Coach
Will this do anything for the times where the site seems to run slow outside of backing up?

Anyway, I'm not going to pretend those numbers mean anything to me. :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
PY said:
Will this do anything for the times where the site seems to run slow outside of backing up?

Anyway, I'm not going to pretend those numbers mean anything to me. :p
If we weren't originally on a dedicated server, the move to a dedicated server will do wonders for load times, including during backups.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Unfortunately I'm still seeing a degree of inaccessibility. Can't say it's the worst I've experienced, but it's far from the best, too. I'm having more pronounced issues submitting posts than reading threads in general though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I've been having problems as well, the usual stuff. Threads taking a long time to load, the site periodally becoming completely unusable for 5-10 minutes at random intervals, posts disappearing due to the site going from active to not responding whilst I type them and so on.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm seeing a few connectivity problems slow_love & FaaipDeOiad. It could be down to DNS updates. I've asked about it, and will post back on what I hear.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Response:

As for the connectivity issues, I'd give it a few days for things to calm down before investigating things. It could be a temporary problem, but it could also be related to the move.
It seems to have calmed down too. I'm seeing no connectivity problems the past 14 hours.

Please let me know if you're continuing to have problems however.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Been very good today. A few pauses, and still the odd delay during posting, but nothing like what it's been like the last few weeks for me. If it stayed like this, I'd be more than happy.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James im having a problem with the forum, everytime i try to post a poll i get "page cannot be displayed" after i click confirm the new thread...
any thoughts?

James

Cricket Web Owner
broncoman said:
James im having a problem with the forum, everytime i try to post a poll i get "page cannot be displayed" after i click confirm the new thread...
any thoughts?
I'm not seeing any problems Simon. Can you try again? If it happens again, can you take a screen print of the poll you're trying to post?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
still happening, i dont even get a chance to put the poll options in, just go start new thread, type in the message box, click post a poll and start new thread thats when it comes up as page cannot be displayed...