• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Signatures

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Just of late i have been noticing that the length of Signatures have been ever so increasing, is there any set limit to such stuff???

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yup. If they were to really get out of hand then there is a thing somewhere in the rules which says they can get edited by James or Rich, but unless someone was to do a massive amount of size 7 font or put 500 lines of "a" in their sig, I think things are alright.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Your sig's pretty big, alt.

I reckon the 500 character limit's probably set too high. Seeing as you might read someone's sig once, then ignore it forever more, I find them distracting more than anything.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Didn't we used to have a setting where everybody's signature only showed once per page viewed? I'm seeing everybody's sig every post at the moment.

I kinda liked that feature - any chance of having it turned back on?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Okay - from what I can see, if you use quick reply and reply to a thread, it will include your sig so long as you have "Show your signature" selected... but once you reload the page, you'll find it disappears. Otherwise, a sig should only show once per page.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Okay - from what I can see, if you use quick reply and reply to a thread, it will include your sig so long as you have "Show your signature" selected... but once you reload the page, you'll find it disappears. Otherwise, a sig should only show once per page.
Ah, I see - cheers for the help. Yeah, that must be what happened: I was posting in the Champions Trophy thread, and I saw my sig appear multiple times. I generally just do a quick reply unless I'm quoting, so I guess that explains it. Weird that I've never noticed that before.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just threaten Fraz to change his IMO and watch the page load time lower dramatically.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Yup. If they were to really get out of hand then there is a thing somewhere in the rules which says they can get edited by James or Rich, but unless someone was to do a massive amount of size 7 font or put 500 lines of "a" in their sig, I think things are alright.
Have a look at this signature http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=955337&postcount=22 as I find it extremely annoying. I imagine that quotes and whitespace are not counted in the 500 character limit.

A suggestion is that you allow only 1-2 quotes?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie tragic said:
Have a look at this signature http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=955337&postcount=22 as I find it extremely annoying. I imagine that quotes and whitespace are not counted in the 500 character limit.

A suggestion is that you allow only 1-2 quotes?
According to word, that's 476 characters. I'll agree that some sigs are too long. When I had multiple quotes in mine, someone just told me it was a bit long, so I changed it into the nice, compact quotes that I have in it today. Top sig too, imo.