• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum Rule Changes and Forum Structure Changes

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I quite like the new Sports Forum, it provides a much easier way to try and find the threads about sports that would usually get drowned in Off Topic. That's just my opinion and some of the threads in the Sports Forum could probably go in OT like andy said, like the Socceroo's one is probably more OT. But nevertheless, it's good to see that the moderating team are listening to people's complaints and criticism's, especially about the filter.

Good job team.

Mister Wright

burkey_1988 said:
I thought I'd ask this on the forum instead of MSN, but why the decision to suddenly enforce the rules more strictly? I know it's not because of the recent bannings because this policy was obviously implemented before the bannings (and actually the reason some of those people who were banned did what they did).
Things were getting out of hand and it was felt that people were getting away with too much. A lot of people felt the mood of the forums was going down hill and there were too many personal attacks and far too much swearing.

Dravid

International Captain
Good job James, happy with the rules and the forum change. You and the mod team are doing a great job.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Actually I'm not keen on it either after a bit of thought.. Theres just more stuff to miss.. Now cricket chat is segmented whenever each major competition comes along, and you have to go to another subforum to talk about sport.. Takes a bit more effort to cover everything, whereas it used to be a lot quicker with just CC and OT..

I guess the logical next step is a forum for politics or current affairs, and eventually there won't be much thats off topic, or in cricket chat!

pasag

RTDAS
Note: Illegal activities - Don't go around posting about your illegally obtained music collection, linking to video clips which are in breach of some copyright, or suggesting people download software illegally. Don't talk about how you enjoy the odd bit of cocaine or where to buy a nuclear bomb in the black market... you get the idea.
:laugh:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Langeveldt said:
Actually I'm not keen on it either after a bit of thought.. Theres just more stuff to miss.. Now cricket chat is segmented whenever each major competition comes along, and you have to go to another subforum to talk about sport.. Takes a bit more effort to cover everything, whereas it used to be a lot quicker with just CC and OT..
The big tournaments have always been split.

Re the Sport forum, it's only a trial and if it doesn't work out, we'll move all the threads back to Off Topic.

Mister Wright

dontcloseyoureyes said:
Surely it doesn't matter, otherwise I could just waltz in with some quotation marks and let at it.
You're not going to be warned for posting a quote by someone who has sweared, as long as you don't try to avoid the filter. However, if you were doing it consistently and we felt you were going out of your way to find quotes from players that had swearing in it, then we would discuss a warning or banning.

Mister Wright

dontcloseyoureyes said:
It's not like Mason actually said that, as far as I know. You just made it up to try and prove a point.
Report the post if you have a problem with it and it will be discussed.

As yet I've had nobody complain about the post.

I haven't reported your recent posts where you swore, and didn't have a problem with them.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Mister Wright said:
Report the post if you have a problem with it and it will be discussed.

As yet I've had nobody complain about the post.

I haven't reported your recent posts where you swore, and didn't have a problem with them.
Well, according to your title, you probably should have a problem with them. And you probably shouldn't be swearing yourself. But who am I to moderate the moderation, even if it is highly inconsistent.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Note: Illegal activities - Don't talk about how you enjoy the odd bit of cocaine or where to buy a nuclear bomb in the black market... you get the idea.
Who on earth buys their bombs on the black market? You can seperate Uranium by putting a load in a washing machine and spinning it at 50,000+ RPM.. Then drop the mixture out of a plane, thats what I usually do