• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personal insults

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
While abuses are being monitored closely, personal insults and baseless remarks aren't moderated any where as closely I feel. I have reported posts(last 2 days can be checked for instance) of repeated offences but no actions are being taken. No, I am not blaming mods or any thing. Just highlighting there is a greater need to look into personal insults whenever possible because they are worse if not equally offensive as an abuse.

If some member(s) is/are resorting to personal insults over time and not sticking to arguments at hand, surely there is a need to warn them if not ban them?

I have stated regarding Ad Hominem before and I again reiterate such behaviour is poor for a forum whichever way we look at it. Again, this is not to say personal insults is a problem at large in the forums yet as most people do not resort to it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Im seeing where you are getting at my feeling is this is at the warning stage at the moment with reporting posts being critical in the decision to start banning members for personal insults it's not smart and just plain stupid so just use common sense everyone and get round using personal insults instead of typing the sentence in the keyboard go bang your head on the wall.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just checked reported posts after getting to work, noticed I missed one (and it has recently been re-reported) so have dealt to it.