• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Milestones

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In a dangerously on-topic post, I announce that there's now less than 1,000 to go to the 50,000.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I told Gundry to shut up for making an on topic post like that the other day. Think mine and his have both been deleted though.

Matteh

Research shows:

From "Band of Brothers" (2001) (mini)
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.

Bastogne then?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Research shows:

From "Band of Brothers" (2001) (mini)
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.

Bastogne then?
Yeah. And he gives this look like a total **** that makes you want to punch him in the face.

Matteh

Might have to dig into my DVD box to see if i have the set here or left it at home.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, at least that's a convo, Huss has just posted single-smiley posts for no apparent reason. A little odd TSTL.

pasag

RTDAS
Yup. There's a completely off topic conversation happening here and the mods target Captain Cricket for one post. (Well three if we count the other treads)
Come off it, if you read the post and the links I'd provided you'd see the user was going around to a couple of different threads and posting single smiley posts in an effort to boost his post count. Here there was proper conservation at least, that was just spam.

Flem274*

123/5
Come off it, if you read the post and the links I'd provided you'd see the user was going around to a couple of different threads and posting single smiley posts in an effort to boost his post count. Here there was proper conservation at least, that was just spam.
Its still inconsistent moderating though, especially since whenever Athlai and I say so much as hello to each other we're immediately told to stop spamming.

pasag

RTDAS
Its still inconsistent moderating though, especially since whenever Athlai and I say so much as hello to each other we're immediately told to stop spamming.
Not really, this went OT for a some posts in a thread that can't really be taken that far off-topic anyways, being a milestone thread (ie it will always be able to get back on topic quite easily). From what I understand about you and Althai, you basically carried out numerous page long MSN-like conversations for quite some time and the sheer volume of it meant moderators needed to step in. That said I don't think I was here for that issue so can't really comment at length on it.

Last edited:

Perm

Yeah, Gelman summed it up pretty well Phlegm. This was a proper, if off-topic conversation. The page long sequences that you, Athlai and Fiery kept up forum-wide were basically just rubbish.

Flem274*

123/5
16 off topic posts, not including Captain Crickets post. About as long as an Athlai/Me convo. Now look, why is whatever me and Athlai say off topic rubbish but this is such an amazing little conversation? I don't really care much about it so can I call this rubbish but me and Athlai's conversations brilliant? Yep, but you'd say I'm wrong. So why can you all of a sudden decide this is perfectly fine but every other conversation is rubbish (bar the obvious power of moderation)?

The argument that the thread can come on topic easy doesn't stick either. The what made/ruined your day and gear grinding threads are the same but yet we were told to shut up and quite rightly so.

Now I don't want to make a huge deal of this but the moderating in this instance is wrong. You are an excellent moderator but in this case I think you are wrong. Thats my two cents.

pasag

RTDAS
As I said, I don't think I was around at the time so I only know some of the details, but from what I can tell it was the sheer volume of the times it happened that irked the moderators and other members. Similar to the case over here, if the poster posted one smiley in a thread no one would really care very much, but doing it multiple times in such a short space warranted intervention.

Flem274*

123/5
As I said, I don't think I was around at the time so I only know some of the details, but from what I can tell it was the sheer volume of the times it happened that irked the moderators and other members. Similar to the case over here, if the poster posted one smiley in a thread no one would really care very much, but doing it multiple times in such a short space warranted intervention.
OK thank you. I have no complaints on the Captain Cricket thing. Thanks for explaining the crucial diference between the spam posts from me/Athlai and the people in here.

Last edited: