• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do i start my own society

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Start a thread about it about 4 years ago and ruin most of the Indian threads by constantly making facetious references to a mediocre player.

It's formulaic, but it works.

Slow Love™

International Captain
LongHopCassidy said:
Start a thread about it about 4 years ago and ruin most of the Indian threads by constantly making facetious references to a mediocre player.

It's formulaic, but it works.
Haha, that's about right. Gets old pretty fast, to be honest.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Somebody should answer the question properly.

What you do is submit an application form, witnessed and seconded by five other forum members. The application form needs to explain the governance, management, and philosophy of the proposed society and why it would bring something new to the forum, instead of simply replicating an existing society. After that, there's just the indemnity papers for legal reasons and the signing of the undertaking not to use the society for commercial profit, and *bang!* you're there!

Good luck!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt79 said:

What you do is submit an application form, witnessed and seconded by five other forum members. The application form needs to explain the governance, management, and philosophy of the proposed society and why it would bring something new to the forum, instead of simply replicating an existing society. After that, there's just the indemnity papers for legal reasons and the signing of the undertaking not to use the society for commercial profit, and *bang!* you're there!

Good luck!
Fianlly, thankyou so much! :)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
alternative said:
I am the president of this association, so all applications has to come to me..
You mean, all applications HAVE to come to me. Sorry I just had to do that, after Matteh had criticized my grammer.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Matt79 said:

Good luck!
Fantastic, the forms will be in soon. The secretary is working on them right now. Who knew it was so complicated. Seems far more difficult than just making the whole thing up, but now I understand it is because of the legal and financial implications. :dry:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Matt79 said:

Good luck!

Exactly what has the AAAS brought to cricketweb.net?

Langeveldt

Soutie
PhoenixFire said:
Exactly what has the AAAS brought to cricketweb.net?
The oppertunity for me to go to a Lashings match and look at Claire Connor under the premise that I'd be CW's Agarkar photographer for the day..

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turbinator said:
You mean, all applications HAVE to come to me. Sorry I just had to do that, after Matteh had criticized my grammer.
Haha, how i did i miss this?