• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do i become a mod?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Learning how to post things in the correct forum would be a start.

Occasionally, we advertise for moderators, as we have done recently. Then we select people based on their character and reputation on-forum, plus how we think they would do as a moderator.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Without wanting to come over as sounding personal:

1) Your use of the English language and grammar is poor
2) You have very little experience on the forum
3) Your knowledge of cricket is dubious at best

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Without wanting to come over as sounding personal:

1) Your use of the English language and grammar is poor
2) You have very little experience on the forum
3) Your knowledge of cricket is dubious at best
1) To let you know I am 15 and everyone at this age uses something called msn language to complete sentences faster when on the computer chatting, using forums, etc.

2) Agreed. I do have very little experience.

3) What makes you say that. I want proof.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) Don't talk to me like I don't have the slightest idea what modern technology is. MSN/Text Language is called that for a reason: you use it on MSN and in text messages where speed and/or character limits are of the essence. On a forum like this it makes you look ignorant and illiterate - good presentation and punctuation makes your posts look better.

3) http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=926358&postcount=3

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
1) Don't talk to me like I don't have the slightest idea what modern technology is. MSN/Text Language is called that for a reason: you use it on MSN and in text messages where speed and/or character limits are of the essence. On a forum like this it makes you look ignorant and illiterate - good presentation and punctuation makes your posts look better.

3) http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=926358&postcount=3
2) Oh okay thanks for letting me know that.

3) Come on that is my opinion, there is no such fact out there that states Bevan is one of the top five ODI batsmen in the world. Is there any other instance you could use as a proof for my lack of cricket knowledge. Please do keep in mind that all other posts, which might according to you show my lack of cricket knowledge, were written as a joke.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Turbinator said:
3) Come on that is my opinion, there is no such fact out there that states Bevan is one of the top five ODI batsmen in the world. Is there any other instance you could use as a proof for my lack of cricket knowledge. Please do keep in mind that all other posts, which might according to you show my lack of cricket knowledge, were written as a joke.
How can you justify him and Richards not being ahead of:

Inzi
Jayasuria
Ganguly/Gilchrist
Ponting

Insane!

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha snap.

Yeah Turbinator, "I never learnt to spell because of MSN and mobile phones" probably wouldn't fly at a job and I really doubt it's much of an excuse for anything.

Dravid

International Captain
Turbinator said:
1) To let you know I am 15 and everyone at this age uses something called msn language to complete sentences faster when on the computer chatting, using forums, etc.
If you work for a newspaper and you have to type up an article, would you use MSN language? Being a mod is a job and you have to be qualified for it.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
No No, you guys don't understand, it's not that I CAN'T write proper english, it's that i thought this was a forum where MSN language would be okay to use. I mean honestly I am not going to get FIRED from this forum for writing improper english.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid said:
If you work for a newspaper and you have to type up an article, would you use MSN language? Being a mod is a job and you have to be qualified for it.
Well no duh, obviously if I was a mod I would use proper english and not MSN language, but since I am not I felt it was unnecessary to.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Casson said:
Haha snap.

Yeah Turbinator, "I never learnt to spell because of MSN and mobile phones" probably wouldn't fly at a job and I really doubt it's much of an excuse for anything.
Yeah I am from Canada and I don't know how to spell (sarcastic).

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
See if you can find anyone else who speaks using MSN speak, and then look at their post count. You'll find that anyone with a high-ish post count types out words properly.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Matteh said:
See if you can find anyone else who speaks using MSN speak, and then look at their post count. You'll find that anyone with a high-ish post count types out words properly.
Yea well thank you for letting me know, I think I get the point now.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Nah, u dont have to rite propa 2 work @ a newspaper.