How do i become a mod?
How do i become a mod?
Learning how to post things in the correct forum would be a start.
Occasionally, we advertise for moderators, as we have done recently. Then we select people based on their character and reputation on-forum, plus how we think they would do as a moderator.
MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?
Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC
Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog
In a nut shell, Turbinator you are not qualifed to do so.. so bye bye
Member of the AAAS
Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power
Manager of South Australia (WCC)
Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006
WHy?Originally Posted by alternative
Without wanting to come over as sounding personal:
1) Your use of the English language and grammar is poor
2) You have very little experience on the forum
3) Your knowledge of cricket is dubious at best
1) To let you know I am 15 and everyone at this age uses something called msn language to complete sentences faster when on the computer chatting, using forums, etc.Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
2) Agreed. I do have very little experience.
3) What makes you say that. I want proof.
1) Don't talk to me like I don't have the slightest idea what modern technology is. MSN/Text Language is called that for a reason: you use it on MSN and in text messages where speed and/or character limits are of the essence. On a forum like this it makes you look ignorant and illiterate - good presentation and punctuation makes your posts look better.
2) Oh okay thanks for letting me know that.Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
3) Come on that is my opinion, there is no such fact out there that states Bevan is one of the top five ODI batsmen in the world. Is there any other instance you could use as a proof for my lack of cricket knowledge. Please do keep in mind that all other posts, which might according to you show my lack of cricket knowledge, were written as a joke.
How can you justify him and Richards not being ahead of:Originally Posted by Turbinator
Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."
Yeah Turbinator, "I never learnt to spell because of MSN and mobile phones" probably wouldn't fly at a job and I really doubt it's much of an excuse for anything.
'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
- Wilkins Micawber
If you work for a newspaper and you have to type up an article, would you use MSN language? Being a mod is a job and you have to be qualified for it.Originally Posted by Turbinator
No No, you guys don't understand, it's not that I CAN'T write proper english, it's that i thought this was a forum where MSN language would be okay to use. I mean honestly I am not going to get FIRED from this forum for writing improper english.
Well no duh, obviously if I was a mod I would use proper english and not MSN language, but since I am not I felt it was unnecessary to.Originally Posted by Dravid
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)