• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Posters Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
As outlined in this post by NZTailender, I believe that it would benefit all if a Posters Union was formed, to express the views of the posters of Cricket Web.

This thread has been made to discuss this idea. Please do not apply to be a representative of the Union in this thread.

Hoggy31

International Captain
One of these days we'll form a union, and get the fair and equitable treatment we deserve! Then we'll go too far, and become corrupt and shiftless, and the Japanese will eat us alive!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
pasag said:
I think its a great idea if it was to be handled in a mature manner.
Agreed. The Union would have to be impartial - any vendettas or personal agendas would, simply, not be tolerated.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Solid idea. The only change I'd make to Thomas's idea would be to change "non-staff" to "non-moderator". Simple reason is that most staff members are people who write for the front page, and not mods who have a say in forum issues.

Hell, look at Bennett. Is there any bigger troublemaker on CW? I'd say not.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Solid idea. The only change I'd make to Thomas's idea would be to change "non-staff" to "non-moderator". Simple reason is that most staff members are people who write for the front page and not mods who have a say in forum issues.

Hell, look at Bennett. Is there any bigger troublemaker on CW? I'd say not.
I'd be looking at no global mods myself.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Very good idea. Would eliminate our versions of stupid Hair-Pakistan controversies.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like a decent idea, it's just that it'd be difficult to represent everyone's ideas, and secondly, am not entirely sure that it's needed, as it could just create a kind of 'us and them' mentality, even though the mods are just regular posters, but with cooler powers.

NZTailender

FaaipDeOiad said:
Solid idea. The only change I'd make to Thomas's idea would be to change "non-staff" to "non-moderator". Simple reason is that most staff members are people who write for the front page, and not mods who have a say in forum issues.
Agreed.

NZTailender

andyc said:
Sounds like a decent idea, it's just that it'd be difficult to represent everyone's ideas, and secondly, am not entirely sure that it's needed, as it could just create a kind of 'us and them' mentality, even though the mods are just regular posters, but with cooler powers.
I think that if The Union is created, it should work with the mods but with an objective point of view, if that makes sense.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
I can't really speak for Cricket Chat, but that's definitely not the case in Off Topic with the exception of McNamara and Camps. James, Pete, and Neil aren't really part of the Off Topic 'clique' so to speak. I think the latter three are a little out of touch, which is demonstrated by the fact I see them closing more threads and reporting more posts that are of a trivial nature than Jack and Liam.

Sweeping generalisation, I know, but there's a fair bit of truth behind it I think.

pasag

RTDAS
NZTailender said:
I think that if The Union is created, it should work with the mods but with an objective point of view, if that makes sense.
Yes, this should be the underlying objective of it.

PY

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
I think the latter three are a little out of touch, which is demonstrated by the fact I see them closing more threads and reporting more posts that are of a trivial nature than Jack and Liam.

Sweeping generalisation, I know, but there's a fair bit of truth behind it I think.
In aid of making the world a fairer place, examples would help me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.