• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Server Move - Friday 12th July 2006: 11:30am New Zealand Time

James

Cricket Web Owner
We are moving servers with our hosting provider on Wednesday 12th July 2006 from 11:30am New Zealand Time. This page lists the time in your part of the world at 11:30am New Zealand time.

It is expected that the move will take 1-2 hours and there will be roughly four hours of downtime as you get re-directed to the IP Address for the new server.

Our server will be based in Atlanta rather than the current one which is in Texas and there are the following advantages which is quoted straight from our hosting provider:

We'll be running on shiny new hardware with dual dual-core Opteron 270's (vs the current dual Xeon 2.8Ghz's), 4GB of RAM in every system (with capacity for more), and faster RAID 10 arrays (vs the current RAID 5 arrays). You'll be running on Virtuozzo 3.0, which is the latest and greatest version of the software and includes *major* improvements in speed, reliability, and features.
If you have any question you are welcome to email me (james.nixon@cricketweb.net), contact me on MSN (nixonja@hotmail.com) or Google Talk (cricketweb@gmail.com).

James

Cricket Web Owner
Stop the Press!

Turns out there's a few problems with the new server that has been ordered. A diagnostic check is going to be done on the server tomorrow US time.

The server move will still go ahead but is likely to be Friday or Saturday this week now.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
James, forum.cricketweb.net(my bookmark) is not working for me at the moment, the link from the main site doens't work for me either( i think that is also forum.cricketweb.net). I can access through cricketweb.net/forum. is this related to the server move or am i missing something, i seem to remember this happening once before.

For the record it diverts me to a page about cricket web blogs

James

Cricket Web Owner
If you know of someone having problems, ask them to try the following:

1) Clear out the browser cache and force a reload and they should be able to see it.
2) Have them try a different browser.
3) IE is pretty bad about not asking for new dns, it just uses what it did last time.
4) Also have them open a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know if it's just me, but has anyone else had issues with CW in the last three days?

For me, on a regular basis it's been loading very slowly or not loading at all. Not sure if it's an issue with the new server or a problem on my end, but i'm not experiencing these problems with any other sites.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It's been like that for me as well, the site has barely been responding at all today. Often the pages simply won't load, or I get sent to the database error page. I don't know if it's because of the new server or not but I assume it is - this site says the average load time is 9.3 seconds, which seems rather high.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for posting guys.

I've been aware of this, and have been looking into it, along with our hosting company. As it is a brand new server, there's the initial teething problems while settings get configured to the best standard, but these will get sorted out over the next few days. Please do let me know if you continue to experience problems, it does help.

Re this site you posted (http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main?q=http://cricketweb.net&url=cricketweb.net), it doesn't seem to have updated in a long time. I think it's only related to users using the Alexa plugin which a lot of people don't these days. You'll find with the uptake of broadband in the Western world now, most websites are more image heavy than they used to be.

FRAZ

International Captain
Some times when I am replying the post then the screen jams for a bit and if by mistake I click reply again then it makes a double post . Some times the pages just jam but any ways it is getting better .
Thanks

James

Cricket Web Owner
You should have started to see an improvement with the speed of the site. Turns out the high load cause has been mail related.

If you start finding things slow again, please contact me through this thread or one of the methods in my signature. Google Talk is the preferred method.

FRAZ

International Captain
If I try to edit the page some times the things that I edit are not added in the post . And goes extremely slow .