• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why i cannot upload Excel files

biased indian

International Coach
james,

i was trying to upload a file into your Picks thread in world cup 2006 main thread

but i cannot do it why u have not allowed xls extension in the list ?????:@ :wacko:

biased indian

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
Send the Excel file to a compressed folder/zipped folder, and then post it up.
then every one will have to unzip it and view that

it was a world cup schedule where you can enter the score and the all pre QF line up and all will come automatically.

if james has posted his doc file as zip in the same thread i dont thing many will be intrested to view it. its extra work !!!!!

James

Cricket Web Owner
No problem, it's very easy to add more file extensions, so if anymore are required let me know.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I figured this was the closest thread to what I wanted... James, for about three weeks now, I haven't been able to download any attachments. I'll go to click on the attachment, say, 'OD Round 4.zip,' but when Leechget pops up (am on Firefox), it suddenly becomes called 'attachment.php.' Then, when I download it and open it, it just gives me a txt document full of random code and stuff.
Not really sure it's happening, but could it be related to when I became a WCC mod? I've gone back and tried to download files that I downloaded successfully before I become one, and now they won't work. Not too sure if it's isolated to WCC though (aren't a whole lot of attachments in other areas of the site for me to try and download). Anyway, it's becoming a bit of a hassle, not just for me, but the people I have to keep asking to send me the zip files over MSN. Anyway, is there anything you know of that I can do to fix it?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Working alright for me Andy, will lodge a thread in the official forums. Will post back when I have some options for you.

andyc

James said:
Yeah, the same thing happened with attachment, came up as simply being called 'attachment.php,' and giving me the same kind of txt file. Thanks for asking though.

andyc

Yep, working now, thanks a lot :)
Probably should have thought of that myself at the start though :ph34r:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think the problem is to do with Leechget. I let FIrefox's default downloader do small downloads like attached files on the forum and it works fine. :)

Cloete

International Captain
NZTailender said:
I think the problem is to do with Leechget. I let FIrefox's default downloader do small downloads like attached files on the forum and it works fine. :)
Same here.