• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Automatic Logout

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If you leave CW idle on your computer for 15 minutes (I believe), you automatically "logout", or have the whole forums marked as read. I was wondering if there was any way to extend this amount of time (on a custom level, i.e. vic_orthdox chooses 25 minutes, member Y chooses forum default, etc.), as often I might browse at work, or get caught on the phone, and come back and the "View First Unread" function, and "New Posts" link are rendered useless.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've never come across this before, and am a little stuck.

If no one has any ideas within a couple of days, I'll ask vBulletin directly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
If you leave CW idle on your computer for 15 minutes (I believe), you automatically "logout", or have the whole forums marked as read. I was wondering if there was any way to extend this amount of time (on a custom level, i.e. vic_orthdox chooses 25 minutes, member Y chooses forum default, etc.), as often I might browse at work, or get caught on the phone, and come back and the "View First Unread" function, and "New Posts" link are rendered useless.
Is it really so difficult to use the forum instead of the "New Posts" thing?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Is it really so difficult to use the forum instead of the "New Posts" thing?
even then you still use new posts, when you go into a forum and click on the topic it takes you to the first new post. Unfortunately it sometimes seems to reset just after you logon, i've come on after not being on for a week and after the first topic its reset itself to no new posts which was quite annoying. Then in each individual topic you have to find the first new post, or cut your losses

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I never bother with which threads are boldened - I know which threads have new posts on them without it.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
We're truly in the presence of greatness, Burkey...

I wonder whether it's a quirk of the VBulletin software - many other forums I visit still keep the unread post tags (or bold titling) even after you log off, so if you only have time for a quick visit, you can come back to check other threads you missed the first time around.

Anything we can do in that regard, James?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'll see if I can find out from vBulletin.

I would expect there's some solution, I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

Cloete

International Captain
Richard said:
I never bother with which threads are boldened - I know which threads have new posts on them without it.
The one's where you aren't the last to relpy? :p

James

Cricket Web Owner
James said:
I'll see if I can find out from vBulletin.

I would expect there's some solution, I'd be surprised if there wasn't.
I logged a support ticket with vBulletin and got an answer.

By changing it, it will screw up the current reading system, so I'll make the change tonight NZ time so I'm around on MSN if anyone has any trouble.