• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bit festy, but i can't see any reason for it to be taken down if there is only a few people who don't like it.

HeathDavisSpeed

I don't like it, but actually dislike Richard's/Sledger's avatar more as it plays havoc with my eyes... All those blendy-blendy colours.... eeeuuuggghhh :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seriously, on that matter, I think myself and Henry's joke is over as regards identities - we'll probably get sledger back to being sledger before long.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But then that's not a true representation of people's opinions on whether or not it should be taken down. If you have ten people reply agreeing with you, then that could be reason to take it down. But if there are 50 people who think it should stay and have perfectly valid reasons for that, then that should be taken into account, and we wouldn't get to hear that side of the story if only those who agree with you posted.
I think we already know that there are 50 (or more) people who'll think it's fine, though, otherwise there'd have been outcry already. There's no valid reason for thinking such, though, other than "I don't mind it".

I hate it, though, when the strong-stomached can dictate to the weak-stomached, because it completely should be the other way around. It's like saying "we're fine on this fairground ride, so you are coming on it, because there's no excuse for you not to be fine". There's little we can do about that avatar, other than disable avatars completely, which I don't really want to do but may have to if Uag continues his recent posting resurgence. As I say - it really does make me feel quite sick.

Matteh

With regards to cartoon violence. I'd like to point to the case of 'Itchy & Scratchy vs Marge' where it was firmly establish that one screwball can't make a difference.

Scaly piscine

Can't say I'm surprised at that. You often consider the day wasted if you haven't accused someone of making a fuss about nothing.
I can't say there is any example which comes immediately to mind, no. I won't retract the opinion, though, no, nor will I say it was a remotely spur-of-the-moment thought, because it wasn't.

You strike me as being one of the most "yeah, whatever" posters on this entire place, frankly. This in itself is a "criticism" of which far worse things have been hurled at people. What I said about "dumbing down" in the 2nd post is exactly the same thing I said in the 1st - dumbing things down, ie, saying someone is making a fuss that need not be made.

It is very rare for me to even think of belittling anyone on CW, however. Very rare indeed. As I said - I've thought far worse things about people than that they are laissez-faire. There are plenty of people on CW (who I respect far more than yourself) who I'd say something fairly similar about, in fact.
I feel like quoting these but I can't think what to say, just so strange and bemusing.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm aware of the fact that you don't watch the Simpsons, which is why you shouldn't be surprised when posts like Dasa's go over your head.

Matteh

Wouldn't be the first time something's gone over someone's head. Remember that time Ted Danson threw that pint glass in Cheers. *flashback gag*