• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ad Hominem

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Wiki puts it as

pquote]An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally "argument to the man") or attacking the messenger, is a logical fallacy that involves replying to an argument or assertion by attacking the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself.[/quote]

This is used as a reason by many bloggers, reputed sites to ban people. I am just wondering if CW is doing this. If not, why? I know at least one user (who I specified to Neil) who falls into not debating a point more often than not.

I hope the moderators, James can look into this aspect because attacking a messenger doesn't add to a forum. Rather, it takes away from the forum. CW is a great place and I believe looking into this aspect can make it even a better place.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I thought and gave a suggestion. I didn't see ANY response from a CW personnel. Maybe I shouldn't give suggestions next time. :dry:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd guess that the "Ad Hominem" that you refer to, is pretty much covered by the part in the rules that says that people can be banned if their actions are considered to hinder forum atmosphere (or words to that effect).

Sorry about the delay. Personally, didn't see the thread before now. And obviously, don't stop making suggestions.

:)