• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum Bug

Rich2001

International Captain
Ok when you refresh the Forum by pressing F5 the board shows the following error at the top of the page

Beware it's long (sorry very long)

: functions_bbcode --> defmode = "normalmode"; // default mode. either normalmode, advmode, or helpmode if (defmode == "advmode") { helpmode = false; normalmode = false; advmode = true; } else if (defmode == "helpmode") { helpmode = true; normalmode = false; advmode = false; } else { helpmode = false; normalmode = true; advmode = false; } function chmode(swtch){ if (swtch == 1){ advmode = false; normalmode = false; helpmode = true; alert("Help Mode\nClick on any of the formatting buttons for a description and instructions."); } else if (swtch == 0) { helpmode = false; normalmode = false; advmode = true; alert("Advanced Mode\nThe BB Code will be inserted without options as soon as you hit the button."); } else if (swtch == 2) { helpmode = false; advmode = false; normalmode = true; alert("Normal Mode\nPopups will bring you step by step through the process of inserting BB Code."); } } function AddText(NewCode) { if(document.all){ insertAtCaret(document.input.message,NewCode); setfocus(); }else{ document.input.message.value+=NewCode; setfocus(); } } function storeCaret (textEl){ if(textEl.createTextRange){ textEl.caretPos = document.selection.createRange().duplicate(); } } function insertAtCaret (textEl, text){ if (textEl.createTextRange && textEl.caretPos){ var caretPos = textEl.caretPos; caretPos.text = caretPos.text.charAt(caretPos.text.length - 1) == ' ' ? text + ' ' : text; }else{ textEl.value = text; } } function email() { if (helpmode) { alert("Email Tag\nTurns an email address into a mailto hyperlink.\nUsage: someone@anywhere.com\nUsage: link text"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt=" "; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt2=prompt("What name should be shown\nIf this field is empty the email address will be visible",""); if (txt2!=null) { txt=prompt("Please enter an email address.","name@domain.com"); if (txt!=null) { if (txt2=="") { AddTxt=""+txt+""; } else { AddTxt=""+txt2+""; } AddText(AddTxt); } } } } function chsize(size) { if (helpmode) { alert("0"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt="[size="+size+"] [/size]"; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the text to be size "+size,"Text"); if (txt!=null) { AddTxt="[size="+size+"]"+txt+"[/size]"; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function chfont(font) { if (helpmode){ alert("Font Tag\nSets the font face for the enclosed text.\nUsage: [font="+font+"]The font of this text is"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt="[font="+font+"] [/font]"; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the text to be in "+font,"Text"); if (txt!=null) { AddTxt="[font="+font+"]"+txt+"[/font]"; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function bold() { if (helpmode) { alert("Bold Tag\nMakes the enlosed text bold.\nUsage: This is some bold text"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt=" "; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the text that should be bolded.","Text"); if (txt!=null) { AddTxt=""+txt+""; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function italicize() { if (helpmode) { alert("Italicize Tag\nMakes the enlosed text italicized.\nUsage: This is some italicized text"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt=" "; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the text that should be italicized.","Text"); if (txt!=null) { AddTxt=""+txt+""; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function quote() { if (helpmode){ alert("Quote tag\nQuotes the enclosed text to reference something specific that someone has posted.\nUsage:
This is a quote
"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt="\r
"; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the text you want quoted.","Text"); if(txt!=null) { AddTxt="\r
\r"+txt+"\r
"; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function chcolor(color) { if (helpmode) { alert("Color Tag\nSets the text color. Any named color can be used.\nUsage: [color="+color+"]This is some "+color+" text[/color]"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt="[color="+color+"] [/color]"; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the text that should be "+color,"Text "+color,"Text"); if(txt!=null) { AddTxt="[color="+color+"]"+txt+"[/color]"; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function center() { if (helpmode) { alert("Centered tag\nCenters the enclosed text.\nUsage: [align=center]This text is centered[/align]"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt="[align=center] [/align]"; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the text that should be centered.","Text"); if (txt!=null) { AddTxt="\r[align=center]"+txt+"[/align]"; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function hyperlink() { if (helpmode) { alert("Hyperlink Tag\nTurns an url into a hyperlink.\nUsage: http://www.anywhere.com\nUsage: link text"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt=" "; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt2=prompt("What name should be shown?\nIf this Field is blank the URL would be visible",""); if (txt2!=null) { txt=prompt("Please enter the url for the hyperlink.","http://"); if (txt!=null) { if (txt2=="") { AddTxt=""+txt+""; AddText(AddTxt); } else { AddTxt=""+txt2+""; AddText(AddTxt); } } } } } function image() { if (helpmode){ alert("Image Tag\nInserts an image into the post.\nUsage:
"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt="
"; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the URL to the image you wish to insert.","http://"); if(txt!=null) { AddTxt="\r
"; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function code() { if (helpmode) { alert("Code Tag\nBlockquotes the text you reference and preserves the formatting.\nUsefull for posting code.\nUsage:
Code:
This is formated text
Code:
\r
"; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the text you wanted blockquoted.",""); if (txt!=null) { AddTxt="\r
Code:
"+txt+"
"; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function list() { if (helpmode) { alert("List Tag\nBuilds a bulleted, numbered, or alphabetical list.\nUsage:
  • \n
  • item1\n
  • item2\n
  • item3\n
  • \r
  • \r
  • \r
  • \r
"; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please select your list type\n ('A' for aplhabetic, '1' for nummeric) You can leave this field blank",""); while ((txt!="") && (txt!="A") && (txt!="a") && (txt!="1") && (txt!=null)) { txt=prompt("ERROR!\nThe only possible values for type of list are blank 'A' and '1'.",""); } if (txt!=null) { if (txt=="") { AddTxt="\r
  • \r\n"; } else { AddTxt="\r
    • \r"; } txt="1"; while ((txt!="") && (txt!=null)) { txt=prompt("List Item:\nLeave it blank to End the List",""); if (txt!="") { AddTxt+="
    • "+txt+"\r"; } } AddTxt+="
    \r\n"; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function underline() { if (helpmode) { alert("Underline Tag\nUnderlines the enclosed text.\nUsage: This text is underlined"); } else if (advmode) { AddTxt=" "; AddText(AddTxt); } else { txt=prompt("Please enter the text that should be underlined.","Text"); if (txt!=null) { AddTxt=""+txt+""; AddText(AddTxt); } } } function setfocus() { document.input.message.focus(); }

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by James
I don't personally experience this.

Does anyone else?
Some refreshes it just has a few lines other times it has that whole list.

Also when this happens it changes all the colour of visited links etc and some of the bold font changes to normal font :(

I'll just click on the forum index's links at the top insted (doesn't happen then)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Can you take a screenprint of the error please and I'll follow it up with XMB :)

Attach the image to this post. Use the Attachment feature ;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Can you take a screenprint of the error please and I'll follow it up with XMB :)

Attach the image to this post. Use the Attachment feature ;)
Well i'll see how much I can fit in as you can see from above it's rather long, but will give it a go

James

Cricket Web Owner
Press PrintScrn on your keyboard, go into Paint, press paste, save the graphic as *.jpg and upload it using the attachment feature :)

Rich2001

International Captain
Here's the part showing the colour change in the links. There's a slight colour difference anyway from the format I saved it in....

Sorry forgot I need to upload it to the WCC site before it will show up here, will do it ASAP

[Edited on 22/9/02 by Rich2001]

Rich2001

International Captain
Can you post a screen print of the huge error you get please Rich?
Yes, but as I said I need to upload it to a web sever don't I, and the file manager for the WCC site won't work (page can't be found)

James

Cricket Web Owner
No, attach the screenprint like you did with the last one.

With the attachment feature :)

I'll send you a U2U with the file manager link.