• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

name change..

leonmagic

Cricket Spectator
hi,

i was just wondering if i could change my name, as i cant be bothered registering again.

if it can be done, could the new name be 'gilchrist' please.

thanks.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
leonmagic said:
i was just wondering if i could change my name, as i cant be bothered registering again.
That's just as well, as dual accounts are forbidden.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
leonmagic said:
hi,

if it can be done, could the new name be 'gilchrist' please.

thanks.
Due to abuse of it in the past, it is forum policy not to change names

Otherwise, I can assure you it would be "orthodox", not how mine currently is! ;)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
We wouldn't let you change anyway, Jack. The correct spelling in your name would be slightly unnatural and very unorthdox

James

Cricket Web Owner
Welcome to the forum Leon, as Jack (vic_orthdox) said it is forum policy not to change usernames.

leonmagic

Cricket Spectator
thanks guys.

so would i be allowed to create a new account if i let you guys no to axe this one?

James

Cricket Web Owner
No, any duplicate accounts created will see all accounts for that person banned.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
James said:
No, any duplicate accounts created will see all accounts for that person banned.
So no duplicate accounts and no name changes. :D

Maybe it would be a better policy as a whole to accept email requests for name changes an if the reasons are sensible enough (spelling mistakes, other viable reasons like not wanting to disclose real name having done it earlier etc - not silly reasons such as change it to Sreesanth from Pathan because he is the best bowler ever now), its not a big deal to change them.

Of course, the final word, to avoid unnecessary debate should rest with James.

Also, as they would be requests, they can be rejected if it is deemed so. At least a window for name change thus remains.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
So no duplicate accounts and no name changes. :D

Maybe it would be a better policy as a whole to accept email requests for name changes an if the reasons are sensible enough (spelling mistakes, other viable reasons like not wanting to disclose real name having done it earlier etc - not silly reasons such as change it to Sreesanth from Pathan because he is the best bowler ever now), its not a big deal to change them.

Of course, the final word, to avoid unnecessary debate should rest with James.

Also, as they would be requests, they can be rejected if it is deemed so. At least a window for name change thus remains.
Never! You can't have Jack changing his name to Orthodox!!!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
He didn't actually post that picture, the links were somehow changed, but he is going to serve his 7 days.