• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will we beat 489 users at once during the ashes series?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With the ashes series coming up and more people using this forum then ever, do you think we will be able to beat the 489 users that were on at one time on the 14-12-2004?

Would be a mighty effort, but with the most anticipated Ashes series ever, it could happen.

andyc

haha i think that 489 was due partly to search engines or something.. i remember that being said in a similar thread.

but i think with the ashes, we will get a lot of people online.

Mister Wright

James said:
Actually numbers visiting the forum has been down the past two months.
That's surprising. Must be that the members on the forum are more active than usual then.

James

Cricket Web Owner
17% down in the forum, main site has remained steady while Cricket Mail has increased.

It's really picked up this month however. Perhaps it's down to the lack of quality cricket on the past couple of months. Hasn't been much interest generated in West Indies/Pakistan or England/Bangladesh.

andyc

yeah, i thought it might have been the lack of cricket. there's not been many real games involving england, australia, new zealand or india, which is where most of the members seem to be from

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the ashes should bring alot of people onto the site and forums

search engines keep working during the ashes so there is a chance that the users will be beaten, lets crack the 500 make :)

Mister Wright

age_master said:
yeah the ashes should bring alot of people onto the site and forums

search engines keep working during the ashes so there is a chance that the users will be beaten, lets crack the 500 make :)
500 make?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Either way, I think the Ashes thread will beat all previous normal threads of posts - well over 1000 already and there's still 6 weeks to go till it starts!

Dydl

International Debutant
Amazing. Well the Ashes is a highly anticipated series, so it would be sort of expected wouldn't it?!?! Anyways, it is good to have lots of activity on the forums. I'll certainly be on when I can and just hope that we can beat that 489!!

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Either way, I think the Ashes thread will beat all previous normal threads of posts - well over 1000 already and there's still 6 weeks to go till it starts!
What is the record for most posts in a cricket related thread?

andyc

Adamc said:
Unfortunately. But if we pretend it doesn't exist, maybe it'll go away.
sounds good. it's a pretty stupid thread, after all. you'd have to be pretty stupid to post, say, 93 posts there 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I must say I was a bit surprised James decided to start it when he did.
Should smash all records for quite a while to come.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I think he did it to stop having 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 Threads about the Ashes cropping up.