• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum RSS

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Also the main page of CW should be available in RSS seeing the concept is gaining more and more popularity.
Not sure if it could be easy though. We use James's own publishing script, might be difficult to connect it with RSS.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Despite this being old, I would strongly encourage CW to seriously consider RSS, even if it means reformatting their news system to do so. RSS is fast becoming a vital part of any serious up'n'coming news website, and it's great advertising for the website as it'll have a link to the site regularly shoved in the faces of anyone who subscribes to it, acting as a constant reminder to visit the place. The website I'm at has recently decided to write a completely new news system purely to accomodate RSS (and a few other features we threw in at the time).

EDIT: More to the forums point that was originally raised, it is possible to have forums available as RSS, where each thread in a forum raises an entry. It's a function available in vBulletin, which this forum uses, and I guess it's up to James to activate it or not.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
RSS of the CW main page and forums is essential for ensuring more people keep track of CW.

I keep track of 40 sites/blogs. Can I click and open each window? Not really. RSS is the only feasible solution in the fast modern world where you need to keep track of various kinds of info.