• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who actually uses cricket web?

Blaze

Banned
I am wondering if anyone actually uses the actual cricket web website.

I certainly don't. The only reason I visit it is to get to the forum.

Others may use it though and I ask those that do to explain what they use it for.

So do you guys use it or not?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
It's not all about the forum, you know - there are excellent player profiles, detailed match reports, and a comprehensive downloads centre (plus more besides). :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i only use it for the forum, very occasionally for a download, but never read the website and the stories etc...

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I use the stuff on the site a bit like the match reports, player profiles etc, but I know I wouldn't bother if I didn't use the forum.

a massive zebra

International Captain
The Baconator said:
I use the stuff on the site a bit like the match reports, player profiles etc,
There are several errors with the player profiles...

Chaminda Vaas
Sri Lankan fast bowler Chaminda Vaas is best known for his accurate swing bowling. Having taken the most wickets for a Sri Lankan fast bowler, Vaas' place in Sri Lankan test history is assured. To be a world class side, a team requires a very good batting line up and a bowling side capable of taking 20 wickets.
The last sentence is totally irrelevant.

Mahela Jayawardene
Mahela Jayawardene, despite his acceptable record, and still enough time to change that into more than that, will always be one of those players who showed immense potential initially, but then didn't give that talent justice.
Poor English.

Michael Clarke
Michael Clarke is perhaps the brightest young star in international cricket today. The current 'Golden Boy' of Australian cricket, succeeding that title from Shane Warne, Michael Clarke has a big future ahead of him. He was tipped to be a future Australian captain before he ever had the prestige of wearing a baggy green cap, and is already the favourite player for many Australian cricket fans, young and old..
Is Michael Clarke really one of Australia's 'star players'?

Shane Warne
Its safe to say Shane Keith Warne is the most controversial player of the modern era. He's also one of the most influential people ever in world cricket. The man that made leg spin 'cool' again, Shane Warne, commonly referred to as 'Warney', has just about done it all in world cricket.,
If Shane Warne really is "the most controversial player of the modern era" then you contradict yourself here...

Muttiah Muralitharan
Muttiah Muralitharan - champion offspinner or exception to the rule. Never has a player been shrouded in such controversy as Muralitharan. He has the inane ability to split any cricket-following crowd, as you truly either love him or hate him..,
Andrew Flintoff
England's linchpin. Andrew Flintoff is a truly world-class all-rounder who is equally destructive with bat or ball, and brilliant slip fielder to boot. Flintoff started his career very slowly and spent along time adapting to the International scene, but the wait has been worth it not just for the English fans but all cricket lovers all over the world who he entertains with his explosive exploits. Currently Flintoff holds the record for the fastest ODI half-century by an Englishman taking just 28 balls, and already in his short career he leads the most sixes hit in ODI's also by an English player. Massively important to the English side and is probably on the team sheet before the captain at the moment, will lead the charge for regain the Ashes in 2005..
Flintoff is not a ''destructive'' bowler.

Ian Bradshaw
The overlooked performer for most of his career, Ian Bradshaw did not get selected for international cricket until 2004 against the touring English. As such, his international career began some six years after he was first picked for Barbados at the regional level.
Is Bradshaw really one of West Indies 'star players'?

Sudeep

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
Poor English.
It is a long sentence, but I don't know what's the problem with the English. If you're suggesting that it doesn't make sense, it says:
a) Jayawardene's record is acceptable, though nothing flashy
b) He is still young enough to make more runs to bring about a change in the record
c) He'll be remembered as the one who couldn't make much from the first few years of his career

Hmm...

Blaze

Banned
Sudeep said:
It is a long sentence, but I don't know what's the problem with the English. If you're suggesting that it doesn't make sense, it says:
a) Jayawardene's record is acceptable, though nothing flashy
b) He is still young enough to make more runs to bring about a change in the record
c) He'll be remembered as the one who couldn't make much from the first few years of his career

Hmm...

It is poor english

Sudeep

International Captain
Blaze said:
It is poor english
Actually, now that I think about it, maybe there is some problem there. It doesn't sound right.

Maybe this rather?

Mahela Jayawardene, despite his acceptable record, will always be one of those players who showed immense potential initially to develop into a megastar, but then didn't do that talent justice.

Last edited:

a massive zebra

International Captain
Sudeep said:
Actually, now that I think about it, maybe there is some problem there. It doesn't sound right.

Maybe this rather?

Mahela Jayawardene, despite his acceptable record, will always be one of those players who showed immense potential initially to develop into a megastar, but then didn't do that talent justice.
Perfect. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or...

"Mahela Jayawardene, despite his acceptable record, is one of those players who showed initial potential to develop into a megastar, but has thus far failed to do such immense talent justice."

He's only 28.