• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Has CricketWeb changed you?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Part of the beauty of these forums is the wide range of opinions from different nations that are apparent here. With different opinions, and listening, comes about great learning. What opinions have you altered, or what things have you learnt from others on CricketWeb. Don't have to be specific about what members taught you what, but just talk about things you've picked up.

How I've Changed:

* Even though I always thought he was a great playerI've learnt to appreciate the wizardry of Murali more
* Hayden's over-rated by most commentators
* To live wearing rose-tinted glasses is one of the greatest crimes one can commit.

Thoughts??

dro87

U19 12th Man
Learn Loads about cricket... Living in Italy doesn't come handy for watching games or ckecking scores, or comments... Got great info and stats plus found out several links 2 wonderful cricket manger games (batrick is the first that comes 2 my mind)!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
It's nourished the interest. If I didn't have cricketweb, I'd probably be just as interested as I am in rugby - know the names of a few players, know the basic rules, know who won the last WC. I like to think that I know a bit more now. ;)

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I think this site has really helped me understand the game better, and it has also got me more interested in thegame. I can probably also appreciate good bowling, batting and captaincy a lot better than I used to, and it got me back into ICC.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It took away my social life (which is probably a good thing, as it was heading down a road I don't ever want to go near again)

Link

State Vice-Captain
so far, it has helped bring my grades down, my history teacher hates me because i fail to complete my homework to its fullest extent, Become more arguementative in general, i have now lost the right to go on the PC at will (discontent in the home)....... etc.. the list goes on

BoyBrumby

Englishman
-I've become slightly more stat-obsessed than I was (which is saying something!)

-I've managed to beat the other half up into getting broadband ("Honestly, darling it'll pay for itself in a month or two" :D )

-Ironically for a cricket site it has got me into the NRL in quite a major way

-I've come across otherwise reasonable-sounding people who don't hate Robbie Williams (I thought such folk didn't exist!) :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm... I've changed very little despite people telling me countless times that my ideas are the recklessness of youth and that sort of rubbish.

Langeveldt

Soutie
- Given me an inspiration to take cricket photographs, and I have met contacts through here to the extent that I'm now doing it semi-professionaly

- Took away a huge chunk of my social life, but also added a lot of cool contacts for meetups

- Took away a lot of evening time for Flight Simming

- Enabled me to meet possibly the coolest girlfriend ever, and I even got a Bath Rugby phone cover and some Biltong out of it in the end :D

I'll hazard a guess and say its probably changed me the most out of everyone, although quite by accident

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
- Given me an inspiration to take cricket photographs, and I have met contacts through here to the extent that I'm now doing it semi-professionaly

- Took away a huge chunk of my social life, but also added a lot of cool contacts for meetups

- Took away a lot of evening time for Flight Simming

- Enabled me to meet possibly the coolest girlfriend ever, and I even got a Bath Rugby phone cover and some Biltong out of it in the end :D

I'll hazard a guess and say its probably changed me the most out of everyone, although quite by accident
who is the girlfrind?

The Maestro

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ive learnt that there is a bunch of cricket lunatics out there whose knowledge and passion far exceeds mine

Quite refreshing as I have always owned all my mates in this department

Ive always thought that a love for cricket is a fine quality in a person :sleep:

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
1)Moronic notions not only exsist at board level in the United States, but apparently amongst those playing in its under 16 cricket competitions.

2)Not all Australians are racially biased.

3)There are people out there who really do like the South African cricket team.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yep there surely are South African fans :afro:

As far as I am concerned, CW has brought back a some of the passion I had when I followed the game very indepth 1996-1999.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Richard said:
Hmm... I've changed very little despite people telling me countless times that my ideas are the recklessness of youth and that sort of rubbish.
If some one argues with some thing you think and gives you points to validate it, it is RUBBISH? Every one can have a point of view. You have to learn to accept surely that there are different ways of looking at things and its not always as black and white as right and wrong.

cricket player

International Debutant
This site has changed my life,Some people call me Bob now and I think This name will remain as a mark for long time,I discovered how depth cricket is among the test playing nations which I have found out about taking some information for the members recently,

I found out that I am not the only talented cricketing youngster in this site there are more,Etc I have learned alot of new words which i really apreciate.