• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nigh****chman

Loony BoB

International Captain
I never knew nigh****chman was such a bad word. ;) Is there any chance you can change the censor from picking up t-w-a-t to picking up {-t-w-a-t-} instead? That way it'll only pick up t-w-a-t as a single word. At a cricket board, I think words such as nigh****chman should be allowed. :D

PY

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
I never knew nigh****chman was such a bad word. ;) Is there any chance you can change the censor from picking up t-w-a-t to picking up {-t-w-a-t-} instead? That way it'll only pick up t-w-a-t as a single word. At a cricket board, I think words such as nigh****chman should be allowed. :D
This has been an issue before, when I was on Staff we had to think up all the words that work similarly. :D

Probably a case of the change of vBulletin version meaning small things being missed!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well when he constantly has to report on the exploits of Chris ***le it's not surprising, really. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
This has been an issue before, when I was on Staff we had to think up all the words that work similarly. :D
Including ***le, I suppose? 8-)
Shame you managed to construe gay as a filterable word ITFP, though.

PY

International Coach
Richard said:
Including ***le, I suppose? 8-)
Shame you managed to construe gay as a filterable word ITFP, though.
There was a debate on that exact topic when it happened and a decision was made for a reason which while not entirely to my liking, it wasn't my call in any way and it had some valid reasons.

Easy to make assumptions when you don't know the full story. :)

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
PY said:
There was a debate on that exact topic when it happened and a decision was made for a reason which while not entirely to my liking, it wasn't my call in any way and it had some valid reasons.

Surely it's another word that can be filtered on a singular basis using the { and } tags to aviod Gayle being censored? I've always found that using "{word}" is far better than using "word" because of these reasons.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:

It is indeed - I just don't think I could find any excuse, under any circumstances, to find the word filterable.