• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unfriendly and Inappropriate Behaviour By Moderators

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i think that link that Neil provided is on a different level entirely, though i have heard of instances where opinions expressed on web forums are held to be the responsibility of the owner...from what i've been told the owner of a site on rivals.net is being taken to court by a director of his club because of something posted on his site - though the chances of the case being won are very slim

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
yeah i think that link that Neil provided is on a different level entirely, though i have heard of instances where opinions expressed on web forums are held to be the responsibility of the owner...from what i've been told the owner of a site on rivals.net is being taken to court by a director of his club because of something posted on his site - though the chances of the case being won are very slim
Yes - it's a case of covering backs, legs, arms and the sticky-out bits on top of ears.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I would consider it very difficult, if not impossible, for a website based in New Zealand (at least, I assume that's where this site is registered) to be found in contempt of court for a case in the United States.

It's a similar situation to the All Black who was before the courts for assaulting his wife. Two Australian papers printed his name, as they were not bound by New Zealand name surpression laws.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slow Love™ said:
That's 'cause it isn't.

Cricketweb can control their content in any way they see fit, but they're in no danger of being sued. Individuals on a web forum expressing their opinions (no matter how uninformed or inaccurate) doesn't fall into the realm of contempt of court. Journalists, talkshow hosts and those that report the news are held to higher standards.
Spot on there champ.

biased indian

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Any discussion of ongoing court cases can be classed as "contempt of court" and can cause entire trials to collapse. The laws are exceptionally strict and exceptionally harsh on these matters and just seeing the thread titles nearly gave me a coronary...

I've moved the threads into a hidden forum as even the presence of the comments is running it fine, and merely padlocking doesn't do enough. For more on contempt of court go here (it's an Indian site, but it's the clearest and simplest I could find) or here for a recent high-profile case affected by the rules.
If u can joke about it i think u can also discussed about it .
with it not being the Contempt of Court

"A judge gave late-night TV comedian Jay Leno his blessing yesterday to tell virtually all the jokes he wants about pop star Michael Jackson and his child-molestation trial."

Full Report Here