• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Signature Restriction?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
has there been a new signature restriction of 500 characters..

because im pretty sure mine was under the limit before.. but after the new design i tried editing my sig and it says im over the limit even though i havent added anything except just edit.

Now i tried deleting a bit of stuff but the error still comes on.. im a bit maad cauz there isint anything in my avatar that i can really consider deleting..

James

Cricket Web Owner
Nope - haven't changed the sig limit at all.

But your sig is too big as it is probably :p

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
James!

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
Your signature can not be longer than 500 characters.
I tried editing it again today.. i used to do it before with ease.. whats up with it now..i just wanted to edit the stats from the weekends game.. why is it doin that on me !

James

Cricket Web Owner
lord_of_darkness said:
James!

I tried editing it again today.. i used to do it before with ease.. whats up with it now..i just wanted to edit the stats from the weekends game.. why is it doin that on me !
Nothing has changed - you'll just have to remove apart of your sig to get under the limit.

Rich2001

International Captain
Basically mate what has happened is that you orignally entered your sig when there was a bigger limit (probaly during your off season when the stats hadn't changed) and then next time you went to edit it the restictions have then come into place.

Same thing as why Neil has a bigger avtar than everyone else, but as soon as he edits it he wont be able to use it unless he re-sizes it.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ Rich mayn. im playin club cricket at the moment though in Melbourne, and i kept updating my stats every week.. right uptil last to last week.. and when i tried to edit my stats this wednesday for my weekends game, the error came.. Thats why i was wondering how come, since i had just updated the thing like a couple of days ago. I havent added anything extra but just kept editing.

Has the new interface got to do anything with it..because when i updated it last to last week it was on the old interface then i had the game, then the new interface came into place, i tried editing my weekends stats.. and Bam..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rich2001 said:
Basically mate what has happened is that you orignally entered your sig when there was a bigger limit (probaly during your off season when the stats hadn't changed) and then next time you went to edit it the restictions have then come into place.

Same thing as why Neil has a bigger avtar than everyone else, but as soon as he edits it he wont be able to use it unless he re-sizes it.
He's not going to edit it :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
And the world would be a better place for that...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
How much would one need to donate to CricketWeb funds for a slip of the hand to occur James?
How much would one need to blackmail..

Mayn i need to edit it as soon as i can.. my memory is really shizz.. i cant be fully dependant on it..