• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web The New Design - what do you think?

What do you think of Cricket Web's New Design?

• Excellent

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Very Good

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Good

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Average

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
It looks lovely!!!

Very new modern, space-age like. :D

I thought you were doing something like that, coz for a couple of hours today, I couldnt get in, and was kept getting asked for User ID and password.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Cheers Kenny :)

Hehe - the site was actually down for 10 hours, 42 minutes and something seconds ;)

Cloete

International Captain
I think it's excellent! It's very clean and clear and easy to navigate around. Also it looks very professional!

Great work! :)

biased indian

International Coach
u got to add preview of the upcoming series(Aus vs NZ , Ind vs Pak etc) in the front page rather than having the old series preview!!!!

Just a suggestion

But the looks of the front page are far far better than cricinfo :)

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
biased indian said:
u got to add preview of the upcoming series(Aus vs NZ , Ind vs Pak etc) in the front page rather than having the old series preview!!!!

Just a suggestion
Some new feature articles are being worked on and should appear shortly :)

biased indian

International Coach
if done fast that would be good news.i do know the trouble u people are taking to run the site smoothly.but some one new might find it bad that we are having old news in our front page.

James

Cricket Web Owner
biased indian said:
if done fast that would be good news.i do know the trouble u people are taking to run the site smoothly.but some one new might find it bad that we are having old news in our front page.
Yes I agree with you 110%.

We're always trying to improve the turn over of news and feature articles on the frontpage but unfortunately with a fairly small team like ours not everything can be done at once.

This is of course something we're trying to improve upon and the more quality writers who join the team the easier it becomes :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The new design is very good. It is neat and can help in some one checking out the site regularly for news.

But the key is on updating news and carrying features/articles for keeping readers on the site.

Also the extensive research being done on the grounds, a small link to the groun infos on the main page and player profiles would be useful, even though they exist in the country pages.

Good effort. Much appreciated.

Rich2001

International Captain
superkingdave said:
Very good job, i note it now works perfectly with opera, was this intentional?
Certianly was :happy:

The last design we didn't really consider other browsers, due to the fact that a year and a half ago over 97% of Internet users were IE.

However knowing that alot of our users now use alternatives and the fact that IE is starting to lose some of it's users (Firefox plans for 10% of the market by the end of 2005, currently 7%) we made a big effort to get the site working perfectly in IE, Firefox (and the others in the range) and also opera.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rich2001 said:
Certianly was :happy:

The last design we didn't really consider other browsers, due to the fact that a year and a half ago over 97% of Internet users were IE.

However knowing that alot of our users now use alternatives and the fact that IE is starting to lose some of it's users (Firefox plans for 10% of the market by the end of 2005, currently 7%) we made a big effort to get the site working perfectly in IE, Firefox (and the others in the range) and also opera.
Yeh, a Mozilla convert here :) Good work