• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Banning

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
What is the policy like ? How does it work, Do you notify the banned member the duration of his ban and how and when he can come back ?

I personally dont like a member to be banned permanently. Also regarding Fraz, although I dont like his posts much, but Is there any chance that he can come back ?

Thanks.. Sanz

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Unless in exceptional circumstances, a member will be given a seven-day ban first of all, along with an e-mail explaining the reason behind the ban, and its duration, which will have been discussed by the moderators and occasionally other staff members.

We don't like permanent bans, and see them as a last resort, but operate under the general idea of the greater good for the greater good. With regards to Fraz, I take this from the last thread on this subject (posted by Marc and James):

He had been warned on many occasions. James, Andre and Rich do not listen to pressure from other people when deciding whether to ban people or not, and if you searched the forums you'd find plenty of things he posted which were worthy of being warned and then banned.

What a lot of people who aren't often on the forum don't see is the number of posts made by people which are clearly meant to inflame, but then deleted by the poster - the thing is these posts aren't actually deleted, but they are just hidden from public view - so the mods still see them.

We don't have warnings in the profile, because they know and the mods know, and that is all that really matters. If you have a problem with the mods, it is better to bring it up with them directly - but I will point out that we have very very few bannings for a forum this size compared to other forums, which I think speaks volumes for the forum members and the mods.

Fraz was warned on numerous occasions but persistented with constant trouble making, flaming, racist comments, and continued abuse of the report post feature. He was given plenty of opportunities to improve his behaviour on the forum but chose to ignore the warnings given to him.

The decision to ban Fraz was not made lightly and was discussed in length by the moderation team. In the end we decided it was in the best interests of Cricket Web and the forum community to ban him.

James Nixon - james.nixon@cricketweb.net
Andre Maddocks - andre.maddocks@cricketweb.net
Neil Pickup - neil.pickup@cricketweb.net
Richard Twyman - richard.twyman@cricketweb.net
Liam Camps - bugs @ tstt . net dot tt

Last edited by a moderator: