• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

American Date Format

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know this is petty but... any chance of having the dates in proper format as in day/month/year instead of that illogical American garbage order. I'm sure most people would agree with me that any de-americanisation would be a good thing. Is bad enough having to listen to the stupid *English* media spout 'soccer' instead of football all the time (who the hell plays gridiron or aussie rules to warrant it taking over the name football?).

--- The Little Englander ---

Rich2001

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
I know this is petty but... any chance of having the dates in proper format as in day/month/year instead of that illogical American garbage order. I'm sure most people would agree with me that any de-americanisation would be a good thing. Is bad enough having to listen to the stupid *English* media spout 'soccer' instead of football all the time (who the hell plays gridiron or aussie rules to warrant it taking over the name football?).

--- The Little Englander ---
The forum software was created by mainly Americans hence the date format, I would have thought it would be pretty stright forward to modify the code though.

Langeveldt

Soutie
American dates are the most pointless system ever. It just isn't logical... But what do you expect from a nation that still uses pints and quarts and inches...