Group C - NZ, Sri Lanka, Kenya

Schedule -

Wed 12 September 2nd Match, Group C - Kenya v New Zealand
    Kingsmead, Durban

Fri 14 September 8th Match, Group C - Kenya v Sri Lanka
    New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Sat 15 September 11th Match, Group C - New Zealand v Sri Lanka
    New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Can Kenya get past NZ and SL ...a possibility given they are neighbours to SA and will have greater local support and conditions may be more familiar .
    Last edited by JASON; 28-07-2007 at 08:08 PM.

New Zealand 20/20 outfit is pretty strong and have a greater experience at 20/20.

I would say they will top this group. SL must beat Kenya to stay on for the next part of the tournament...Some how my intuition tells me Kenya will do well, given they will have great local support (from being neighbours) and conditions will be not too unfamiliar to them.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Sri Lanka should dominate this pool, the players with the 'x' factor should feature strongly (Malinga, Jayasuriya, Muralitharan etc) and will carry the team IMO.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Banned
    NZ should win the pool and good chance to take out the title. Big-hitters galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    NZ should win the pool and good chance to take out the title. Big-hitters galore.
    I agree with this because NZ has greater 20/20 experience and lot of 6 hitters and allrounders...

I hope SL will get past Kenya. Local conditions and support will favour Kenya.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Fleming should do well (your best hope is that he scores a 50/100), McCullum and Styris possibly. It's still not a good limited overs batting lineup because it doesn't have much quality, just because it's Twenty20 doesn't mean that's not important.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Fleming should do well (your best hope is that he scores a 50/100), McCullum and Styris possibly. It's still not a good limited overs batting lineup because it doesn't have much quality, just because it's Twenty20 doesn't mean that's not important.
    Doubt Fleming will play in it tbh. Disagree with your comment re quality but we all know your opinions on NZ players

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    NZ should be favourites going into this, especially if Murali doesn't play, a deep batting line up and more experience at the form of the game. Wouldn't be surprised if my second favourite team (SL) take it out though, either way I'll be pleased. Kenya has no real hope, a couple players may be able to hit but thats about it for them.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    NZ should be favourites going into this, especially if Murali doesn't play, a deep batting line up and more experience at the form of the game. Wouldn't be surprised if my second favourite team (SL) take it out though, either way I'll be pleased. Kenya has no real hope, a couple players may be able to hit but thats about it for them.
    NZ clear favourites, but its a bit harsh to say Kenya has no hope, Mate. They are neighbours to SA, they will have lots of support from locals and their fans, they are equal second favourites with SL to go to next stage after NZ, IMHO.

To me this 20/20 is not all that important. SL selectors should send possibly some of the up and comers rather.

I have changed my mind on SL sending the best Team.(since the Groups have been announced) I would rather they send some young guys.

I would select

Warnapura
    Tharanga
    Atapattu
    Kapugedera
    Jayawardene
    Ian Daniel
    Prasanna Jayawardene (keeper)
    Kulasekera
    Vaas
    Amerasinghe
    Sujeewa De Silva
    Bandara
    Lokuaaratchchi

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Crowd support isn't going to win you cricket matches, nor is neighbouring the country that the tournament is being held in.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    NZ clear favourites, but its a bit harsh to say Kenya has no hope, Mate. They are neighbours to SA, they will have lots of support from locals and their fans, they are equal second favourites with SL to go to next stage after NZ, IMHO.

To me this 20/20 is not all that important. SL selectors should send possibly some of the up and comers rather.

I have changed my mind on SL sending the best Team.(since the Groups have been announced) I would rather they send some young guys.

I would select

Warnapura
    Tharanga
    Atapattu
    Kapugedera
    Jayawardene
    Ian Daniel
    Prasanna Jayawardene (keeper)
    Kulasekera
    Vaas
    Amerasinghe
    Sujeewa De Silva
    Bandara
    Lokuaaratchchi
    Dire

Also Daniel a long way off the National team and too slow for One Dayers let alone Twenty20. MDK Perera or Utawetta are your best bets as potential opening batting options.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Dire

Also Daniel a long way off the National team and too slow for One Dayers let alone Twenty20. MDK Perera or Utawetta are your best bets as potential opening batting options.
    The only reason for that selection (Prasanna) , I really think its best SL send an up and comers Team rather than send Sanga and co. I really think its not all that important to send our best Team for this 20/20 thing. Besides Sanga is contracted to Warwickshire .

Thomas Odoyo will be gun this tournament.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    The only reason for that selection (Prasanna) , I really think its best SL send an up and comers Team rather than send Sanga and co. I really think its not all that important to send our best Team for this 20/20 thing. Besides Sanga is contracted to Warwickshire .
    Kasual Silva?

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    McMillan, Oram, McCullum, Styris, Vincent and Fleming really should mean that NZ win this tournament imo. Not to mention how good Vettori's bowling will be.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information