• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Vermeulen. Still Crazy?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not Guilty and Freed

Well he is not going to prison and he won't be put in a mental institution either so I suppose the case is closed. I expect he'll emigrate now, it would be better for him. Then again, he may not because his family still has money in Zimbabwe.
Surely he needs psychiatric help though else he's likely to just re-offend?

Hopefully he'll get it somewhere.

What surprises me here is that there is the suggestion that Zimbabwe still has a judicial system that hasn't either fallen completely to pieces or been made 100% corrupt. :blink:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
What surprises me here is that there is the suggestion that Zimbabwe still has a judicial system that hasn't either fallen completely to pieces or been made 100% corrupt. :blink:
The Judiciary in Zim has always been relatively independent . In fact it has been one of the only really legitimate forms of opposition in the Country.

I had the honour of someone high up (embassasingly I cant remember his name right now) giving me a relaxed one-on-one conversation/interview. It was very interesting. He had been doing this for 40 years and the Zim governement, whilst attempting to put pressure on, wasn't able to prevent an independent judiciary.

The downside being that the Government could disregard a ruling of the judiciary if it so liked, it just couldn't prevent negative rulings being given.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey, but he looks pretty damn cool in that pic, so hey swings and roundabouts....