Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleming Rips into Richardson

Fleming Rips into Richardson

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    That's quite hilarious - shades of "Can't bowl, can't throw".

Can't they blame it on an out-of-shot cameraman?
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    A little to subtle Stephen, why don't you tell us how you really feel
    You know it makes sense.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Wow, thats either sad, fuuny or true (maybe all 3).

Sounds a little harsh though given that the guy is now paid to give opinions not play cricket.

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    Course he's not a really nice guy Tim !! Thats what makes him a good captain - he is hardnosed, and always has been, and I wouldn't want it any other way for NZ's captain.
    Yeah... Notable that Sean Fitzpatrick and his All Blacks side were considered to be the biggest sledgers in the history of rugby football. Just because you can say a scathing comment doesn't mean you're not an overall nice guy. And I stand by the fact that just because you tell someone they're an idiot doesn't mean you're not nice, it just means you're honest with your feelings and, given that he had no idea it was on live feed, there was in my opinion no reason for Fleming to not let him know how he felt if he did indeed feel that way - better to say it rather than to hold a grudge. If a close friend of mine was to basically accuse me of things and put me in a really bad light with the entire world during an interview, then yeah, once the cameras were off I'd be similar. Hell, in some friendships there would be a push'n'shove going on and the next hour they wouldn't think anything of it. That's friendships - you argue.

People are making a massive deal over something which really is a private issue between the two of them, and I personally hope the broadsheets and sports channels don't turn it into a public news event. Tabloids I couldn't care less about.

I've called my very close friends things a hell of a lot worse than what Fleming has said, I assure you. But hey, we're guys. It happens. As a member of the male gender, I'm pretty sure Fleming and Richardson can get over it within the next few hours. The media, if they turn it into a spectacle, though... they could go on for a week or so with that, I suppose.

I also doubt Fleming will even get close to being sacked as Richardson himself probably wouldn't want that, and would be happy to blow the whole thing off as media overblow before such a thing happens.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Yeah... Notable that Sean Fitzpatrick and his All Blacks side were considered to be the biggest sledgers in the history of rugby football. Just because you can say a scathing comment doesn't mean you're not an overall nice guy. And I stand by the fact that just because you tell someone they're an idiot doesn't mean you're not nice, it just means you're honest with your feelings and, given that he had no idea it was on live feed, there was in my opinion no reason for Fleming to not let him know how he felt if he did indeed feel that way - better to say it rather than to hold a grudge. If a close friend of mine was to basically accuse me of things and put me in a really bad light with the entire world during an interview, then yeah, once the cameras were off I'd be similar. Hell, in some friendships there would be a push'n'shove going on and the next hour they wouldn't think anything of it. That's friendships - you argue.

People are making a massive deal over something which really is a private issue between the two of them, and I personally hope the broadsheets and sports channels don't turn it into a public news event. Tabloids I couldn't care less about.

I've called my very close friends things a hell of a lot worse than what Fleming has said, I assure you. But hey, we're guys. It happens. As a member of the male gender, I'm pretty sure Fleming and Richardson can get over it within the next few hours. The media, if they turn it into a spectacle, though... they could go on for a week or so with that, I suppose.

I also doubt Fleming will even get close to being sacked as Richardson himself probably wouldn't want that, and would be happy to blow the whole thing off as media overblow before such a thing happens.
    Totally agree

PY
    I'm not so sure, Richardson looked pretty peeved. And the fact it's now out in the big wide world won't help matters either.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

I'd say Fleming looked angrier than Richardson did. Richardson just looked surprised. I don't think he's going to go home and cry about it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Yeah. The friends excuse is kind of lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Yeah. The friends excuse is kind of lame.
    It's not lame. I ask again - have you ever got angry at a friend or called them an idiot?

It's not lame. I ask again - have you ever got angry at a friend or called them an idiot?
    I agree Bob, the whole thing is not really a big deal, Flem wasn't to know they were still recording for the media. It is amusing though

PY
    I'd say Fleming looked angrier than Richardson did. Richardson just looked surprised. I don't think he's going to go home and cry about it.
    You watched the video? He's almost blubbering like an idiot by the end of it.

It isn't a biggie IMO but Fleming should know better and it's hilarious and shows the media face and then the real face in pretty good light.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    I explained earlier in the tour thread.

It wasn't looking like two mates from the reaction of Richardson!

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen

That's hilarious! The look on Richardson's face is priceless! I guess it boils down to "if you dish it out, you've gotta be man enough to cop it".

Eddie Butler/Gareth Thomas was funnier tho & that was broadcast live!
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information