Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand

We should win comfortably if we are able to keep our players fit. Lara could produce something special though. I hope he does anyway.

I agree. And hopefully Gayle and Bravo perform well too, they're great to watch.

Lara and Bravo (and to an extent Ramdin) the players to watch from the WI. Lara for obvious reasons, and Bravo and Ramdin to see if they continue to improve from their promising tour of Australia.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    I hope they show some semblance of improvement. I mean the Windies.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Tim
    If we didn't win the ODI series at least, I would be disappointed. I still think we've got work to do in tests though and the Windies will give us a decent test there I think.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Lara and Bravo (and to an extent Ramdin) the players to watch from the WI. Lara for obvious reasons, and Bravo and Ramdin to see if they continue to improve from their promising tour of Australia.
    Agreed. I'll be keeping an eye on the games for those three and Bond (unless he's injured).
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    The Tests will go to 5 days. The West Indies to win at least 1 ODI.

My expected touring party:

S Chanderpaul (C)
    RR Sarwan (vc)
    D Ramdin (wk)
    BC Lara
    CH Gayle
    DS Smith - fingers crossed
    DJJ Bravo
    MN Samuels
    DR Smith
    WW Hinds - hopefully to play a middle order role
    FH Edwards
    TL Best
    IDR Bradshaw
    DB Powell
    D Mohammed - I think he's in with a good shot; we need to carry a spinner surely...
    ...and I'll go out on a limb here... JE Taylor

I half expect Lawson will be picked ahead of Taylor, but Taylor is bowling better atm, so the other half thinks they may toss him in. Granted, neither of them is bowling particularly well.

I'd like to see Richard Kelly there for the One Day Internationals. He's a very smart bowler, albeit not with a lot of pace. His batting is in the mold of Lance Klusener, if not quite as effective yet.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

You reckon Devon Smith can be a long-term opener for West Indies Mr Mxyztplk? I only saw him in Australia so I'm far from an expert on his ability, but he did look very gutsy and a handy grafter. Considering a shot maker like Gayle is on the other end, I think that's whats needed. He just looked suspect against raw pace as he was shaky when Lee was bowling, but he can always improve and is young.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    You reckon Devon Smith can be a long-term opener for West Indies Mr Mxyztplk? I only saw him in Australia so I'm far from an expert on his ability, but he did look very gutsy and a handy grafter. Considering a shot maker like Gayle is on the other end, I think that's whats needed. He just looked suspect against raw pace as he was shaky when Lee was bowling, but he can always improve and is young.
    Got a few good balls in Australia. Also played a couple of loose shots.
    He's got good technique and is actually an aggressive batsman in domestic cricket, though he doesn't show it at international level. I think that's what ties him up at times, when he tries to curb his natural instincts and play a foil for Gayle.

Ah I see. Well hopefully he's selected again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    The Tests will go to 5 days. The West Indies to win at least 1 ODI.

My expected touring party:

S Chanderpaul (C)
    RR Sarwan (vc)
    D Ramdin (wk)
    BC Lara
    CH Gayle
    DS Smith - fingers crossed
    DJJ Bravo
    MN Samuels
    DR Smith
    WW Hinds - hopefully to play a middle order role
    FH Edwards
    TL Best
    IDR Bradshaw
    DB Powell
    D Mohammed - I think he's in with a good shot; we need to carry a spinner surely...
    ...and I'll go out on a limb here... JE Taylor

I half expect Lawson will be picked ahead of Taylor, but Taylor is bowling better atm, so the other half thinks they may toss him in. Granted, neither of them is bowling particularly well.

I'd like to see Richard Kelly there for the One Day Internationals. He's a very smart bowler, albeit not with a lot of pace. His batting is in the mold of Lance Klusener, if not quite as effective yet.
    from what i saw of Mohammed in england wasn't that great what about Banks? Also Bradshaw dont think he would get much ppl out in test they are better of picking Lawson or Taylor ahead of him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    from what i saw of Mohammed in england wasn't that great what about Banks? Also Bradshaw dont think he would get much ppl out in test they are better of picking Lawson or Taylor ahead of him IMO.
    Mohammed played 1 Test in England. It's pretty harsh to judge him on that, especially considering that he looked worse than he actually was because of Giles' success. The fact is that Mohammed didn't have the same rough to work with as Giles, because Giles turns the ball the other way and faced several lefthanders.

That said, I maintain that Dave Mohammed is not Test quality yet. He needs to flight the ball more before he reaches that stage.

Prepare to see some kisses people!

Tim
    Papps is out for 6 weeks with a dislocated finger so that pretty much rules him out of the running for the tour.

Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information