• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greg Chappell Vs Rahul Dravid - who was the better test match batsman?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who do you think was the superior test match batsman? Why? Both technically correct, elegant batsmen in the classical sense yet completely different in their approaches. One vastly more likeable than the other.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
How could you create a thread like this and not include a poll? Fail

I'm a Dravid fanboy, but admittedly not strictly for cricketing reasons.

Dravid was fantastic to watch when on song, it's just that he chose to play in a boring sensible manner most of the time. Hard to pick between the two on pure aesthetics IMO.

trundler

How could you create a thread like this and not include a poll? Fail

I'm a Dravid fanboy, but admittedly not strictly for cricketing reasons.

Dravid was fantastic to watch when on song, it's just that he chose to play in a boring sensible manner most of the time. Hard to pick between the two on pure aesthetics IMO.
I'm still learning how to work the site.

On pure aesthetics, Chappell wins. Not just because he was more dominating but his drives were ***ier.

andmark

International Captain
Classic example of a Trundlering. As everyone knows, to be a good metric of opinion, a thread of this type needs a poll which includes an irrelevant option

trundler

Dravid had that phase where he got bowled all the time. Chappell had the famous duck season.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Chapel jr is arguably Australia best batsman post Bradman.He is in close competition with AB and Ponting with Steve Waugh just below them .Steve Smith would have overtaken them and can still do if he can return well.
Dravid as good as he was was I believe was below Ponting hence I would put him behind Chappali aswell

Bolo

State Captain
Dravid is underrated.
Chappell is overrated. Mostly by me.

Chappell>Border>=Waugh>Ponting=Dravid

Burgey

Chappell imo was a marginally better player than Dravid, but Dravid has a far more complete record.

Bolo

State Captain
Ya, Chappells record is extremely incomplete. This knocks a player down a couple of notches in my book. I just rate what he did do ridiculously highly.