• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akila Dananjaya reported for suspect bowling action

slippy888

International Captain
Sri Lanka offspinner Akila Dananjaya has been reported for a suspect bowling action following the first Test against England in Galle.

He is required to undergo testing on his action within 14 days, but can bowl in international cricket until the results of the tests are out, the ICC said.

The second Test against England begins on November 14 in Pallekele, so Dananjaya will be eligible to bowl in that match if selected to play. He took only two wickets in the first Test in Galle.

Dananjaya, 25, has played four Tests, 30 ODIs and 16 T20Is for Sri Lanka since his international debut in September 2012.

Akila Dananjaya reported for suspect bowling action - ESPNcricinfo

Someone trying to ruin another mans career and livelihood

YorksLanka

International Debutant
waiting to see how many times he is described as a mystery spinner too..cant read him so must be chucking..same old story..

SeamUp

International Coach
Akila Dananjaya's bowling action found to be illegal. The Sri Lankan has been suspended from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect.
I must be looking at something different...

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Very unfortunate. We should celebrate such unusual talent. Guy bowls leg spin half the time. How can that be suspect.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The same old story. Spinner having a decent year, plays against big three, and gets reported. Cannot see what is suspect about his action. He and Dilruwan Perera has basically the same action. Akhila bowls some additional stuff so they must have thought, "ah, look here, we have a mystery spinner, so he must be chucking", and Dilruwan as "Orthodox classical off spinner". For me Dilruwan's action looks more jerky when he is tired than Akhila.

Brings back to the same old argument I was making. Test the "normal looking" actions too. I am damn sure some percentage of them are throws as well.

Curmudgeon

Cricket Spectator
The same old story. Spinner having a decent year, plays against big three, and gets reported. Cannot see what is suspect about his action. He and Dilruwan Perera has basically the same action. Akhila bowls some additional stuff so they must have thought, "ah, look here, we have a mystery spinner, so he must be chucking", and Dilruwan as "Orthodox classical off spinner". For me Dilruwan's action looks more jerky when he is tired than Akhila.

Brings back to the same old argument I was making. Test the "normal looking" actions too. I am damn sure some percentage of them are throws as well.
Why did he fail the test?

His offies have always looked suspicious to me, and I don't rate him as a leg spinner in tests.

Last edited: