• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Partnership draft - ODI edition

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last year Howe had a really cool draft idea which was very interesting tactically. I'm gonna inject new life into the idea by having an ODI edition of it.

So it's a 6 round draft, each round you pick 2 players from the same country who played ODIs together for at least one match. Say the first year they played in one together was 1990 and the last year was 2002, they'd have a 12 year span for their partnership. Round orders from the second round onwards are decided by the length of those partnerships, with the longer spans getting an earlier pick the next round. So there's an interesting balance between deciding on long partnerships with good players and short partnerships with ATGs.

I won't be delving into days and months, it's simply just years. So if multiple people pick a pair of players with a 14 year partnership, they will be able to pick at the same time the next round. But the guy who picked a pair of players with a 12 year partnership would have to wait before they both make their picks before he can make his.

I'm beginning to make this sound complicated but it's actually pretty straightforward.

16 hours first round 8 hours for the rest rule is in place as usual. Min 15 ODIs

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate I can't get a hold of simple drafts! Still in
Has there been an initials draft?

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Howe's was a fun draft (and partly inspired the "same name" draft), so I'll give it a go.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
fair enough let's begin

Round 1:

king kallis:
Battler's Prince:
himannv:
AndrewB:
Red Hill:
ankitj:
mr_mister:
michaelf777777: