• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Silent auction draft with a twist

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I'm proposing a test draft which is a slight modification of the one that was recently run by AndrewB: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/77541-draft-idea-silent-auction.html

Each drafter starts with $1,000,000 to buy their XI.

In Round 1 you pick 11 players and an amount to bid for each player so that the total of your bids is $1,000,000, and e-mail me your list of bids. You have then bought any player for whom you've outbid everyone else.

Suppose you manage to buy 3 players for a total of $327,814; then in Round 2 you would bid for 8 players (not bought by anyone in Round 1) with your total bids being $672,186.

Bidding continues until everyone has at least half the drafters have 11 players.
Hoping to get about 12 nominations. Please chime in if you are interested.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i signed up for the last one but never got around to submitting a team, this time i'll play:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds interesting but do I guess that some teams end up unfilled?
Yes, if you don't complete your team you are disqualified. Idea is to get drafters to think hard about actually getting slots filled fast too rather than go all out for top 2-3 players in 1st round and then fill with leftover cricketers later.

Have 3 sign ups. Will wait for more.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Haha. To be fair for the rules of the game he did well. Didn't win the vote though :laugh:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

mr_mister
marc71178
Red Hill
KingKallis
Himannv
AndrewB

Will need to at least get 10 sign ups to get started.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Now that all other drafts are over, I am going to check the interest in this one once more. Looking for 4 to 6 more sign ups.

Counting following as still interested (let me know if there is a change in mind):

mr_mister
marc71178
Red Hill
KingKallis
Himannv
AndrewB

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
ankitj, sorry, I'll have to give it a miss, unlikely to have time over the next few weeks.