• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft idea: Silent auction

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
This may have been done before as it's basically a cross between the early Sheep Drafts and an Auction Draft...

Each drafter starts with $1,000,000 to buy their XI.

In Round 1 you pick 11 players and an amount to bid for each player so that the total of your bids is $1,000,000, and e-mail me your list of bids. You have then bought any player for whom you've outbid everyone else.

Suppose you manage to buy 3 players for a total of $327,814; then in Round 2 you would bid for 8 players (not bought by anyone in Round 1) with your total bids being $672,186.

Bidding continues until everyone has 11 players.

Please let me know if this idea has already been done to death, or is obviously flawed!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I've run them before and found them quite good fun, albeit commitment was needed.

Would be interested in taking part from the other side though.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
To be fair, if there are two picks with the same amount it should be randomized. Time zones etc.

I'll play if there's room.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i just realised this could easily end by like round 4. i dont think they'll be that much crossover of picks

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Yes, it shouldn't take a huge number of rounds.

9 entries so far, I think, so let's start. Feel free to enter even if you haven't expressed an interest yet.

E-mail your picks to andi.pqrs@gmail.com. No set format for the post, just make it clear who you're picking, how much you're bidding for each player, and who you are!
Any player is valid, including Bradman, and they don't have to have played Test cricket.
Please try to submit your picks within the next 48 hours. (And you might want to post here that you've submitted your picks, just to ensure that I've noticed).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sent.

Am assuming that a bid of at least $1 needs to be placed for each player (as if you bid $0 you can't outbid anyone).