• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe 2017

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis will be back for Zimbabwe so that's exciting and it will be interesting to see what effect they have on the test team.

No West Indies tour squad announced, I'm assuming it will be the same as the one selected for England, but hopefully with Darren Bravo added.

Slifer

International Captain
Started a thread on the same topic. Any win for WI is a step in the right direction. A draw a step bk but not a death knell. A loss well WI should drop their entire eleven. My first eleven would be:
Braithwaite
Lewis (any opener not named Powell)
Bravo
Hope S.
Chase
Blackwood
Insert keeper
Holder
Roach
Insert spinner
Gabriel.

Excited to see Jarvis back for Zimbabwe. Has so much potential imo. Good warm up for WI for a tough tour to nz.

Woodster

International Captain
Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis will be back for Zimbabwe so that's exciting and it will be interesting to see what effect they have on the test team.

No West Indies tour squad announced, I'm assuming it will be the same as the one selected for England, but hopefully with Darren Bravo added.
Is Darren Bravo a realistic selection ? Big fan of his potential so would love to see him back in Test cricket.

Beamer

Is Darren Bravo a realistic selection ? Big fan of his potential so would love to see him back in Test cricket.
He's available for selection. Indeed he was selected for the ODI tour of the UK but he opted out. Fingers crossed!!

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This should be a good series and I am really keen to see West Indies in test cricket.

I would like to try out this XI

Brathwaite
Bravo
Hope
Chase
Blackwood
Dowrich/Keeper
Holder
Bishoo
Roach
Cummins
Gabriel

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gabriel needs to stop bowling those noballs.

Line and length and he's a gun bowler.

Cummins should follow suit.

I don't know how Bishoo will be utilized

Slifer

International Captain
This should be a good series and I am really keen to see West Indies in test cricket.

Brathwaite
Bravo
Hope
Chase
Blackwood
Dowrich/Keeper
Holder
Bishoo
Roach
Cummins
Gabriel
You want Bravo to open???

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless Hope is good enough as a Test keeper and we can play another opener not called Powell.

Point is I don't want Holder as the third seamer. He should be the 5th bowler.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Brathwaite
Bravo
Hope
Chase
Blackwood
Dowrich/Keeper
Holder
Bishoo
Roach
Cummins
Gabriel
Drop Cummins for a batsman imo. You don't want to be 40-3 and then have Blackwood walk out to the middle and slog one to long on.

Beamer

My ideal 'ignore all other factors and Courtney Brownes stupidity' side:

Kraigg Braithwaite
Evin Lewis
Darren Bravo
Shai Hope
Royston Chase
Jermaine Blackwood (replaced by Shimron Hetmeyer if he continues to cowlash, dropped for Alzarri Joseph if 5 bowlers needed)
Sunil Ambris (WK, backed up by Shane Dowrich)
Jason Holder
Rakheem Cornwall
Kemar Roach
Shannon Gabriel

That line up has serious batting depth and power down the order, whereas the current one looks so weak from 9 downwards.

Unfortunately what I expect them to select is more of the same:

Kraigg Braithwaite
Kieron Powell
Kyle Hope/Shimron Hetmeyer (Darren Bravo if available)
Shai Hope
Royston Chase
Jermaine Blackwood
Shane Dowrich (wk)
Jason Holder
Devendra Bishoo
Kemar Roach
Shannon Gabriel

I think my line up is a hell of a lot stronger in terms of balance and batting depth. If you take Blackwood out of the above side and replace him with Joseph because you need 5 bowlers the batting depth is looking shockingly bad.

Tom Flint

International Regular
My ideal 'ignore all other factors and Courtney Brownes stupidity' side:

Kraigg Braithwaite
Evin Lewis
Darren Bravo
Shai Hope
Royston Chase
Jermaine Blackwood (replaced by Shimron Hetmeyer if he continues to cowlash, dropped for Alzarri Joseph if 5 bowlers needed)
Sunil Ambris (WK, backed up by Shane Dowrich)
Jason Holder
Rakheem Cornwall
Kemar Roach
Shannon Gabriel

That line up has serious batting depth and power down the order, whereas the current one looks so weak from 9 downwards.

Unfortunately what I expect them to select is more of the same:

Kraigg Braithwaite
Kieron Powell
Kyle Hope/Shimron Hetmeyer (Darren Bravo if available)
Shai Hope
Royston Chase
Jermaine Blackwood
Shane Dowrich (wk)
Jason Holder
Devendra Bishoo
Kemar Roach
Shannon Gabriel

I think my line up is a hell of a lot stronger in terms of balance and batting depth. If you take Blackwood out of the above side and replace him with Joseph because you need 5 bowlers the batting depth is looking shockingly bad.

Cant argue much with the 1st team although a bit early to ditch dowrich imo. He had a brilliant start to test cricket before england. Which isnt surpising given it was hus first tour in those conditions

Beamer

Cant argue much with the 1st team although a bit early to ditch dowrich imo. He had a brilliant start to test cricket before england. Which isnt surpising given it was hus first tour in those conditions
I wouldn't complain much if they kept him in the XI and I would definitely keep him in the squad.

Shady Slim

International Coach

excited by this for zim i think under creamer they're trending up

Beamer

So it's official, they've retained the same squad that went to England. No word on Darren Bravo's non-selection. I guess it's between Shimron Hetmeyer and Kyle Hope for that number 3 slot otherwise it will be the same lineup that faced England. One things for sure, the selectors are focusing on consistency in selection and are giving these guys the best chance to succeed. Dowrich and Kyle Hope won't be able to claim there were a lack of opportunities available for them.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
So it's official, they've retained the same squad that went to England. No word on Darren Bravo's non-selection. I guess it's between Shimron Hetmeyer and Kyle Hope for that number 3 slot otherwise it will be the same lineup that faced England. One things for sure, the selectors are focusing on consistency in selection and are giving these guys the best chance to succeed. Dowrich and Kyle Hope won't be able to claim there were a lack of opportunities available for them.
Is it because he wanted to play first class before his return?