• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft suggestion: Passengers XI

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Following on from last year's "Losers Draft" (pick an XI with more losses than wins), I wondered about having a "Passengers Draft" - pick the worst possible XI with more wins than losses. Obviously, you'd need an extra rule that all teams must have a reasonable balanced line-up.

There's two obvious alternative ways it could be run:
a) The total number of wins over the XI must be more than the total number of losses (as was used - the other way round - for the Losers Draft), or
b) Each player must have played in more wins than losses (which would be simpler)

Any views?

AndrewB

OK, let's go for it. Rules are

- You're trying to pick the worst possible XI, all of whom must have played Test cricket
- No specific rules on the shape of your XI, but it must be reasonably balanced (sensible batting order, at least 4 bowlers, a wicket-keeper, etc)
- Overall, the eleven players must have played in more Test wins than Test defeats (i.e. method (a) as described in the original post).

Also, since presumably some pretty obscure players will be getting picked, you might like to say why your pick is worthy of selection in a worst possible XI :)

In general 12 hours per pick, but no time-outs for the first 24 hours (to give people a chance to notice that the draft has started!)

As usual, picking order in each even round is the reverse of the previous round.

Order for Round 1:
kingkallis
Howe_zat
The Battlers Prince
mr_mister
Firebreaker
AndyZaltzHair
AndrewB

AndrewB

No problem: order for Round 1:
kingkallis
Howe_zat
The Battlers Prince
mr_mister
Firebreaker
AndyZaltzHair
AndrewB
fredfertang

AndrewB

The 24 hours for kingkallis to make his first pick started about 2 hours ago with my "OK let's go for it" post above.

kingkallis

International Coach
Okay so its my turn.

I am picking a worst player who has more wins than losses. Right?

Last edited: