• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Two Thousand and Twenty Two Test side

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1. Matt Renshaw
2. Marcus Harris
3. Steve Smith
4. Ashton Turner
5. Peter Handscomb
6. Jason Sangha
7. Matt Wade
8. James Pattinson
9. Pat Cummins
10. Xavier Bartlett
11. Nathan Lyon

Josh Hazlewood, Mitch Starc, Hilton Cartwright, Arjun Nair, Travis Head, any keeper, Mitch Marsh, Jack Wildermuth, Jack Doran, Austin Waugh were all considered.

Haze left out purely because I wanted to have an 11 with a few young guys, not a team full of 100 game vets.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a line up but India will likely be largely unchanged. These guys will more or less still be around:

Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Ashwin
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Shami
Yadav
Ishant

cnerd123

likes this
Iyer, Manish Pandey, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant and Sanju Samson all will probably be in the mix by then. Unless some other really talented youngster emerges between now and then, which is always quite likely. Also Kuldeep Yadav might be a regular or might go the Piyush Chawla route.

Shady Slim

International Coach
1. Matt Renshaw
2. Marcus Harris
3. Steve Smith
4. Ashton Turner
5. Peter Handscomb
6. Jason Sangha
7. Matt Wade
8. James Pattinson
9. Pat Cummins
10. Xavier Bartlett
11. Nathan Lyon

Josh Hazlewood, Mitch Starc, Hilton Cartwright, Arjun Nair, Travis Head, any keeper, Mitch Marsh, Jack Wildermuth, Jack Doran, Austin Waugh were all considered.

Haze left out purely because I wanted to have an 11 with a few young guys, not a team full of 100 game vets.
aw pls no marcus harris

Matt Renshaw
Dan Hughes
KPat
Steve Smith
Moises Henriques or Hilton Cartwright
Nic Maddinson
Jay Lenton
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc or Jason Behrendorff
Arjun Nair
Josh Hazlewood

no idea how nair bats

no idea about anything really here, evidently

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Renshaw
Warner
KP
Smith
Handscomb
Keeper
Patto
Starc
Cummins
Haze
Lyon

morgieb

Kohli/Rahane/Pujara will all be 33-34. Reckon 1/2 of them will be done by them for sure.
How many genuinely top-class batsmen are done by 33/34? The only three I can think of in recent times are Pietersen (which had unusual circumstances), Smith and Clarke.

morgieb

Matthew Renshaw
Kurtis Patterson
Steven Smith
Peter Handscomb
Travis Head
Ashton Turner
Sam Whiteman
James Pattinson
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood

OverratedSanity

How many genuinely top-class batsmen are done by 33/34? The only three I can think of in recent times are Pietersen (which had unusual circumstances), Smith and Clarke.
Add Strauss, Mohammad Yousuf, Sehwag, Trott and Bell to that.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Pujara's knees won't survive till he is 34.
Yep. Would like to be proven wrong, obviously, and the fact that he only plays one format helps him, but continuing to remain fit and make runs after age 35 is rare. People expect all very good batsmen to just keep scoring till they're 38 or so but the likes of Kallis/Sachin/Dravid/Sanga are the exception, not the norm.

Daemon

Iyer, Manish Pandey, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant and Sanju Samson all will probably be in the mix by then. Unless some other really talented youngster emerges between now and then, which is always quite likely. Also Kuldeep Yadav might be a regular or might go the Piyush Chawla route.
That's 5 batsmen..highly doubt they'll all be in the mix. I think Iyer is the most likely to be playing tests. Wouldn't bet on the rest of them.

We always do this with the young guns. Last time round it was Chand, Apparajith, Zol etc.

Justo

U19 Debutant
Matthew Renshaw
David Warner (probably fading at this point)
Steve Smith
Hilton Cartwright
Jake Lehmann
Ashton Turner
Pierson/Jake Doran/Handscomb (keeper)
James Pattinson
Pat Cummins
Josh Hazlewood
Nathan Lyon

Most of the team should be the same. Keeper was the hardest pick with no standouts. I could see the selectors throwing the gloves to Handscomb if/when he goes through a slump. Mitchell Starc is unlucky but someone has to miss out. If Handscomb does end up as keeper I could see them batting him at 6 and going with the big 4 pacers.

Howsie

International Captain
1. Tom Latham
2. Rachin Ravindra
3. Kane Williamson
4. Will Young
5. Glenn Phillips
6. Sandeep Patel
7. Tim Seifert
8. Adam Milne
9. Ish Sodhi
10. Zak Gibson
11. Trent Boult

Patel is probably a real long shot in five years, Finn Allen or Mark Chapman probably a better shot.