• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trent Boult - Quickest to 100 ODI Wickets?

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
He has a chance of breaking Starc's record if he gets 15 wickets in the next 6 ODIs.

Chances? He'll likely play 3 of those ODIs against SA, then the next 3 will either be Champions Trophy or the tri series against Ireland and Bangladesh....

srbhkshk

International Captain
I'd say it's 40-60 for him, 15 in 6 matches is not easy unless he gets in a decent haul in one of them.

Bijed

International Regular
I'd say it's 40-60 for him, 15 in 6 matches is not easy unless he gets in a decent haul in one of them.
Pretty much. I'd say the odds are against him, but not by too much. I suppose pitches/conditions will be as big a determining factor as anything.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
2.5 a game, has no real competition for wickets in the side, bowls at the death...yep he's a real chance.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Even if he does, Fizz will break both Boult and Starc record of quickest to 100 ODI wickets. It seems fast bowlers today are just as good as compared to those back in the 90s. I remember Boult was solely used for tests only at the beginning. They didn't use his for ODIs because they thought he wouldn't be as effective. I even thought of that too, but then he surprised us at the world cup. He should've been used in ODIs at the very beginning of his career. Classy bowler for sure. Deadly! when the ball swings. I rate him slightly better than England's James Anderson.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One wicket in the last game and wicketless through eight overs so far today - he's falling off the pace a bit.