• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Spark

Global Moderator
We'll use one thread for both series.

In Australia:

Sun Dec 4 (50 ovs) 15:20 local (04:20 GMT | 15:20 AEDT | 14:50 ACDT | 12:20 AWST)
1st ODI - Australia v New Zealand
Sydney Cricket Ground

Tue Dec 6 (50 ovs) 15:20 local (04:20 GMT | 15:20 AEDT | 14:50 ACDT | 12:20 AWST)
2nd ODI - Australia v New Zealand
Manuka Oval, Canberra

Fri Dec 9 (50 ovs) 15:20 local (04:20 GMT | 15:20 AEDT | 14:50 ACDT | 12:20 AWST)
3rd ODI - Australia v New Zealand
Melbourne Cricket Ground

In NZ:

Mon Jan 30, 2017 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (01:00 GMT | 12:00 AEDT | 11:30 ACDT | 09:00 AWST)
1st ODI - New Zealand v Australia
Eden Park, Auckland

Thu Feb 2, 2017 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (01:00 GMT | 12:00 AEDT | 11:30 ACDT | 09:00 AWST)
2nd ODI - New Zealand v Australia
McLean Park, Napier

Sun Feb 5, 2017 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (01:00 GMT | 12:00 AEDT | 11:30 ACDT | 09:00 AWST)
3rd ODI - New Zealand v Australia
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Blocky

Banned
NZ Squad:

Kane Williamson (c)
Todd Astle
Trent Boult
Lockie Ferguson
Martin Guptill
Colin de Grandhomme
Matt Henry
Tom Latham
Colin Munro
Jimmy Neesham
Henry Nicholls
Mitchell Santner
Tim Southee
BJ Watling

Not considered due to injury: Ross Taylor, Adam Milne, Mitchell McClenaghan, George Worker, Corey Anderson

Aus Squad

David Warner,
Aaron Finch,
Steven Smith (capt),
George Bailey,
Travis Head,
Glenn Maxwell,
Mitchell Marsh,
Hilton Cartwright,
Matthew Wade (wk),
James Faulkner,
Mitchell Starc,
Pat Cummins,
Josh Hazlewood,
Adam Zampa.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think NZ might get a touch up, at least on this leg. Just too much inexperience in Australian conditions that squad for me. Especially the batting.

Blocky

Banned
I'm thinking Starc and Cummins will run through us, we also haven't played any recent ODI series either which is going to dust us up a bit.

I'd suggest we look to chase as much as possible and stack the batting.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
For those who have seen him play more often would Cartwright bat in the top 6, or 7 and below if selected?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Would have to be top six, surely. Batting AR who usually opens in the Matador, probably a five-and-a-half bowling option, rather than a legitimate straight fifth.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hard to predict ODIs at the moment, don't think either team is particularly strong. That said, Starc is good enough to pretty much destroy us at will.

Burgey

What can our Kiwi friends tell me about Ferguson? Know at least a bit about all the others in the squad but haven't heard much about him.

_Ed_

He's quick (up to about 145 I think, a figure which has crept up to 155 with some media outlets), but not sure he's got the radar yet to be effective. I'm hoping he'll go well, but not getting carried away. Milne would obviously be way ahead of him if fit.

Zinzan

What can our Kiwi friends tell me about Ferguson? Know at least a bit about all the others in the squad but haven't heard much about him.
You and me both. All I hear is he can hit 150 clicks at the high end...

But here's the lad in action.

Last edited:

Binkley

U19 Captain
There is a profile of Ferguson here. Consensus here seems to be that this article is overstating his pace (with him being more 140 kmph than 150kmph) and that his radar needs some fine-tuning.

Zinzan

You and me both. All I hear is he can hit 150 clicks at the high end...

But here's the lad in action.

Actually not dissimilar to a young Ian Butler's action prior to his back injury. Hopefully he's more durable than Butler was, because that action looks like a lot of strain is going in.