• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best spinner in the world today(tests) : Herath vs Ashwin vs Yasir Shah

Who is the best spinner at the moment? (Tests)

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
Dont we have this thread already?

It's none other than Rangana 'His Roundess' Herath, The People's Champion

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been a couple of Pakistani spinners who've been accused of taking phone calls before they went about their bowling on any given day.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Why its everytime Herath vs Ashwin vs Yasir? Mustafizur is a ****ing spinner. Dont know why people dont get it and throw his name in the mix. Poor form from every poster.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Cricket is an intereting sport when it comes to athleticism... I watched Ashwin running today, he had the speed, grace and agility of a world class darts player. Interesting that the no.1 player in one half of the game can move in such a way.

Burner

International Regular
Ashwin used to be much fatter if I recall. At least now he can see his feet when he looks down.

Bijed

International Regular
Cricket is an intereting sport when it comes to athleticism... I watched Ashwin running today, he had the speed, grace and agility of a world class darts player. Interesting that the no.1 player in one half of the game can move in such a way.
Being round >> speed, grace and agility when it comes to spin bowling

cnerd123

likes this
I said this in the other thread, but spinners are the least athletic athletes I can think of. Up there with Golfers.

It's almost like being exceedingly fit works against you as a spinner somehow.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why are so many spinners are unfit, ugly and generally unathletic looking people? It's a blight on the sport. Every time one of my Chinese friends takes a peek at my stream they happen to see Ashwin going about his business and they shake their heads in disbelief at how this bloke is a professional athlete. How can you hope to attract any sort of following to the game like that? The SC teams in particular need to hire Faf as their trainer.

Member Berry

U19 Cricketer
Why are so many spinners are unfit, ugly and generally unathletic looking people?
That's a good point. Most of the current ones look less like athletes and more like unhappily married low-level accountants leading lives of quiet desperation. We've had some shockers in the recent past too from Paul Wiseman to Kaneria to the king of them all in Ramesh Powar. Vettori seems like a rare exception.

Burner

International Regular
Why are so many spinners are unfit, ugly and generally unathletic looking people? It's a blight on the sport. Every time one of my Chinese friends takes a peek at my stream they happen to see Ashwin going about his business and they shake their heads in disbelief at how this bloke is a professional athlete. How can you hope to attract any sort of following to the game like that? The SC teams in particular need to hire Faf as their trainer.
Can you imagine how much more ugly Ashwin would be with a bigger forehead? Hire Faf, they should not.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
it is quite easily herath. he's proved he can turn matches by himself against the best sides in the world over the last 5 years.