• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ben Stokes vs Ravi Ashwin

Who wins the allrounder battle?

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right now? Ravi Ashwin. Stokes has potential but we will know better after 2-3 years.
Would know that you're trolling, but then I saw you're from India, so can never be sure. You might actually believe what you're saying, in which case more power to you

indiaholic

International Captain
Ashwin is really really smaht... Like can do maths and engineering smaht. This is like a Homo Sapien vs Neanderthal fight. We have historical precedent for how this is going to play out.

Burgey

Lol ..righteo.
Where has Stokes made runs and taken wickets? England, Australia, WI, SA, UAE, the SC too.

Ashwin's home ground bullying (and good on him for that btw) is well documented. He's done well in the WI and the SC, but bugger all elsewhere. If you have to take one of them on a cricket tour around the world, I'd take Stokes.

Bahseph

State Captain
Stokes all the way. Theres a simple way to look at it for me.

If I was picking a world XI I don't think these two would be in direct competition. Ashwin would be in for his spin bowling with his batting a bonus while Stokes would be at 6 as the allrounder.

He has scored Test runs everywhere he has played if I'm not mistaken. Also , I'm an SA fan and I still have nightmares about that Newlands Test. Haha.

Daemon

Yeah, Stokes clearly the superior batsman and is more of an all rounder in that sense. As a cricketer Ashwin's better.

Zinzan

Ashwin is one of the best bowlers in the world at the moment but shouldn't bat higher than 8, he wouldn't be the worst seven but he isn't about to play on his batting alone.
They both average 34 with the bat in both Test & First Class cricket, so I'm not really sure the batting gap is quite as big as you're making out, even though If forced to choose I would say Stokes is the better bat, mainly based on his ability to be more destructive.

I do think the gap in their bowling is quite a bit wider though, even if it is apples vs. oranges. Ashwin is among the top 2-3 spinners in the world currently (if not the best), whereas Stokes wouldn't even be in the top 10 pace bowlers.

Zinzan

Stokes all the way. Theres a simple way to look at it for me.

If I was picking a world XI I don't think these two would be in direct competition. Ashwin would be in for his spin bowling with his batting a bonus while Stokes would be at 6 as the allrounder.

He has scored Test runs everywhere he has played if I'm not mistaken. Also , I'm an SA fan and I still have nightmares about that Newlands Test. Haha.
I think Woakes is a better allrounder than Stokes to be honest. Stokes has a slight edge with the bat, but Woakes a bigger edge with the ball.

Athlai

Not Terrible
They both average 34 with the bat in both Test & First Class cricket, so I'm not really sure the batting gap is quite as big as you're making out, even though If forced to choose I would say Stokes is the better bat, mainly based on his ability to be more destructive.

I do think the gap in their bowling is quite a bit wider though, even if it is apples vs. oranges. Ashwin is among the top 2-3 spinners in the world currently (if not the best), whereas Stokes wouldn't even be in the top 10 pace bowlers.
Stokes is twice the batsman Ashwin is. It isn't even close.